Our AEM team is growing, and there is a ton of opportunity for individuals to add value! We will soon be looking for an AEM Architect who has experience creating custom web development. Engineering is a huge component to the solutions we provide to our clients. This opportunity will be responsible for taking projects through the entire life cycle, while communicating with our clients throughout that process and setting the bar for future teams at our company.
Bounteous boasts a long-standing track record of ideating, innovating, and implementing award-winning solutions and driving best-in-class results. Our success starts with hiring the right people, in the right roles, at the right time to strategize, analyze, design, engineer, and market for some of the world’s biggest brands.
Role and Responsibilities
- Architect and lead development of mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- Lead and participate in client meetings, professionally and expertly
- Translate business needs into technical requirements
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Provide constructive feedback in code reviews
- Create Architecture and Technical specifications documents
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies
- Mentor senior engineers and share technical knowledge with the entire engineering practice
- 7+ years of professional hands-on Software Development experience
- 3+ years of experience in Java development in a professional environment
- Architected and launched sites using: AEM 6.1 and above
- Proficiency with AEM, Java, Sling, OSGI, JCR, and Apache Web Server
- Experience integrating with 3rd party systems (e.g. Salesforce)
- Solid understanding of systems design, High Availability, Disaster Recovery, caching, CDN and persistence
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
Nice to Have's
- The ideal candidate will have a 2- or 4-year degree in CS/Engineering, be a bootcamp grad, or be self-taught with practical experienceExperience using Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, etc.)
- Experience with systems using User Generated Content (i.e. communities)
- Worked with Agile development, preferably SCRUM, and Unit Testing / TDD
If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.