ANALYST, IT QUALITY ASSURANCE
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The primary responsibility for this position will be to deliver and coordinate all testing artifacts and activities (Test Strategy, Test Plan, test cases, and test results) for the applications that are in our Guest Facing Systems. Specifically, this position will be primarily focused on Ulta’s new and existing Marketing systems, Store Operations, and Guest facing systems that integrate with SAP. The QA Analyst will be responsible for planning and execution of functional, regression, and integration testing, working with business and technical SMEs for validation and verification of functional specifications and business requirements end-to-end. The QA Analyst will also help facilitate User Acceptance Testing and Operational Readiness Testing, either by providing test scenarios and/or coordinating efforts during UAT and ORT and serving as testing SME.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all aspects of testing and Quality Assurance thru the full project lifecycle (from Blueprinting through Implementation)
- Understand full end-to-end transaction processing for applications that integrate with SAP.
- Owns test script development and execution, data sourcing/data provisioning, defect analysis, and ensuring that proper test result documentation and processes are followed as per the test strategy.
- Partner with the business analysts, developers and end-users to ensure that test scripts are developed or modified to cover new functionality and/or enhancements that are introduced into the production system on an ongoing basis and maintained in JIRA.
- Perform initial analysis of defects identified during the testing cycle and escalate issues as required to the functional support teams for resolution and ensure that the defects are closed within the required timeframe.
- Analyze defects identified in production system to ensure that the proper controls are implemented in the regression test bed to ensure that the defect does not occur in production again
- Apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve product and process quality.
- Leverage automation of regression test scripts in order to reduce the amount of time and resources required to execute the regression test bed.
- Maintain full traceability between requirements and test cases.
- Provide accurate estimates and timely status updates.
- Prepare and maintain KT documentation for onboarding new analysts and for retaining information for staff roll-off
- Work closely with offshore testing team, if applicable, responsible for executing tests.
- Write SQL queries to validate software functions, if applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience
- Overall experience of 3 - 5+ years in Quality Assurance
- Experience in Marketing (Loyalty), Store Operations (Point of Sale), and third party software that integrates with MDM (Informatica), SAP, BW/HANA systems.
- Ability to manage multiple test events and projects at a time
- Demonstrated experience working with offshore resources
- Strong understanding of Agile/incremental SDLC
- Experience designing test strategies and end-to-end test scenarios and estimating test efforts
- Experience working with JIRA.
- Must be results oriented, and demonstrate a “cando” attitude – adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Good writing and speaking skills are required.
- Good understanding of various testing types is required.
- Good analytical skills are required.
- Must be able to work within a team and independently without any supervision at times.
- Retail experience is a plus.
- Automation tools (QTP, Selenium, etc.) experience is a plus