Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
As part of the customer team, you’ll work on our Android app to create an awesome styling experience for our customers. We’ll break down features into smaller stories together, and work in 1 week sprints. We love pairing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and teach across the team, whether it be general engineering or platform specific Android.
Who you are
- You have extensive knowledge in Android software development.
- You have experience with RxJava, Dagger 2 and unit testing.
- You have experience building high-performance, large-scale applications and reliable software.
- You have genuine excitement and curiosity for constant learning.
- You have solid coding chops and strive to use the best tool for the job.
- Developing and shipping our customer-facing Android application.
- Building robust and scalable software.
- Help across platform in addition to Android (frontend, iOS, or backend), diving in where help is needed, with a holistic perspective across platform
- Designing and creating services and system architecture.
- Helping improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation, and conducting code reviews.
- Working with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and translating learnings into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- Brainstorming and contributing ideas to our technology, algorithms, and products.
- Creating amazing user experiences for both internal and external customers.
How we work
- With others. We have pairing stations where engineers often work together, as well as a Jamboard for collaborating on architecture solutions.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. We don’t believe in following a process for process’s sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- Lunch-and learns
- Annual stipend for continuous education
- Tech all-hands lunches every other Friday
- Hack days
- Team outings
- Nordstrom discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars
What are your compensation expectations? *