About LifeEar and Andirect:
Ten years ago, our founder was just an ENT. Sick of referring patients to hearing aids he knew they could not afford, he searched for an affordable option that was just as good. It didn’t exist, so he built it, and MDHearingAid was born.
Disruption is built into our DNA. When we saw patients wasting hours on appointments and calibrations and traffic, we knew what we had to do: disrupt. Cut out every single middleman and sell direct to the consumer. We are agile, nimble and dangerous to our competition.
We saw the problems with the traditional channels in buying hearing aids, and from that LifeEar was born. LifeEar is the next step in MDHearingAid’s continue mission to give patients not just a more convenient, and affordable alternative to the competition but a better one. Built using state of the art BLE technology LifeEar Core and companion app brings the process of buying and personalizing hearing aids from overpriced clinics to the palm our user’s hands.
If you join LifeEar, you will be on the ground floor of a company that is positioned to disrupt the Hearing Aid Industry and grow into the gold standard for connected hearing technology.
Who you are:
We are looking for a motivated and talented Android developer to support the application and our customers. You will be working with the newest Android technologies, and as one of the first members to the mobile team help shape the future of the product.
- Minimum of 2 years development experience with the Android SDK in Android Studio
- You have experience building high-performance, large-scale applications and reliable software.
- Familiarity working with Git version control in a collaborative team environment, creating pull requests and performing code reviews.
- Have contributed to at least 1 application on the Google Play Store.
- Ability to work on-site in our Chicago, IL office on a full-time basis
- You have solid coding chops and strive to use the best tool for the job.
- Bluetooth and hardware integration.
- You have experience with RxJava, and unit testing.
- Developing and shipping our customer-facing Android application.
- Building robust and scalable software.
- Help across platform in addition to Android (frontend, iOS, or backend), diving in where help is needed, with a holistic perspective across platform
- Coordinating with strategy, internal and external stakeholders, and design during various project stages.
- Bring vision to the team in the form of new technology recommendations and approaches.