Livly is seeking an Android developer to join our quickly growing mobile team! You'll be responsible for the development and maintenance of Android applications using Kotlin. You’ll join a supportive community where designers and developers across Android, iOS, and web collaborate to face exciting new challenges that redefine the way mobile impacts people’s lives.
Who we are: Livly is an operating system for all digital and physical experiences in buildings across the world. Our mission is to create joy through great technology and services - one building, person and digital experience at a time.
What you'll do in this role:
- Building Android (Kotlin) applications, taking a product through the entire lifecycle of analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and support.
- Implement all aspects of an app design - high performance design, coding, caching mechanisms, security, encryption, state management, error logging, debugging, scalability, code reviews, development environment configuration, and testing.
- Perform unit and system level testing on applications.
- Find and fix bugs in a timely manner.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Swift code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and standards.
You’ll love this role if you’re:
- Technically curious
- Eager to contribute and learn
- Able to contribute in a collaborative manner
- An effective communicator
- A conscientious team member
- Keen on having ownership of your work
What you bring to this role:
- 3+ years experience in Android development using Kotlin and/or Java
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Experience with Room, Realm or other local database frameworks
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development lifecycle
- Skill for writing reusable libraries
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Ability to identify and diagnose performance issues and resolve them quickly
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Knowledge of Agile software development processes
- Experience with iOS development a plus
- Experience with Android Jetpack and MVVM a plus.
What Livly offers you:
- The opportunity to be creative, make an impact, and grow professionally while working in a collaborative, high-energy environment.
- Competitive salary and great benefits. We cover 80% of Medical Premiums, and offer dental, vision, and commuter benefits.
- Fun perks like snacks in office, wellness initiatives, team events, and Livly gear.