Do you have a passion for media and entertainment, web development, and enjoy playing with cutting-edge technology? If so, you may want to consider joining our growing team of Android Application Developers on our Consumer Experience team; a division within Client Services. As a member of this team your development efforts will enable our clients (Disney, Redbox, Cineplex, to name a few) to impact hundreds of thousands of people around the globe.
CSG International’s Ascendon division is described as having a laid-back personality and startup culture all while having the backing of a large, successful enterprise. The Ascendon solution provides clients with the necessary tools to easily manage, market and monetize premium digital content to consumers. The solution, offered as a set of software services, allows top brands of all sizes create and manage new revenue streams; increasing return with every transaction. Ascendon sets itself apart from the competition by operating on the most popular devices and providing a set of enterprise-grade back-office tools.
This is a great opportunity for individuals having an interest in consultative services and improving/building upon web development skill sets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Related field
- 3+ years of Java and Android Studio experience
- 3+ years of experience with the Android SDK
- 1+ years of Source Control Management System (GIT, SVN, etc..)
- 3+ years of experience working in a client-facing role
- Experience in developing highly performing Android applications across a spectrum of OS-versions, devices and resolutions
- Experience in Android layout management standards and building consumer driven user experiences
- Experience in building and maintaining automated build and deployment processes
- Experience in Object-Oriented Design, Data Structures, Algorithm Design, Problem Solving, Complexity Analysis and Debugging
- iOS development experience is a plus
- Unit testing experience is a plus (JUnit, Expresso, Robolectric, etc)
- Experience building apps that communicate with RESTful services
- Understanding and application of Agile principles and processes
- Proven ability to gather complex technical requirements and perform technical gap analyses
- Software implementation and/or upgrade experience preferred
- Proven independent learning and problem-solving skills
- Media and/or telecommunications industry experience a plus
- Customizes CSG Ascendon Android phone, tablet and TV technologies to client specifications.
- Partners with project teams to define, gather and implement business requirements.
- Supports technical lead by developing and debugging issues.
- Applies development solutions to build out and deliver on client requirements.
- Provides expertise, customer advocacy and analysis through all phases of engagements.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Participates in SCRUM activities and standing meetings with clients or internal project teams.
- Develops and implements technical solutions per client specifications.
- Assists with solution identification and project estimation and planning activities.
- Troubleshoots, analyzes, documents and escalates issues as necessary.