ParkWhiz’s mission is to free you from the hassles of everyday travel by making it faster and easier to get where you need to go, so you can focus on the destination.
We’re looking for a long term contract Android engineer (local or remote) to help us build the best possible experience for our customers while at the same time helping us advance our codebase to the next level. We’re insanely customer focused and excited for you to join the team and help us lead the charge.
What we're looking for
- Strong Computer Science background, preferably with a degree
- Solid Object-Oriented background
- Comfortable and fluent in either Java or Kotlin
- Willing to spend time getting to know Android animations or have good experience with them, as well as a keen eye of how to use them to make the application feel alive
- Highly collaborative in the planning and grooming stages
- Have networking experience, preferably using JSON as well as a traditional Android networking library such as Volley
- Shipping clean, testable code that any developer on any team could quickly get up to speed
Your typical day
- Attend the morning mobile team stand with folks from product management, engineering, design, UX and QA
- Work with those same folks on product development from the current sprint
- Perform technical spiking for a future initiative
- Monitor crash reports in Fabric, as well as issues reported in Jira
- Use Slack to collaborate with your teammates and other folks throughout the organization
- Perform a code review for a recently submitted pull request
- Ship code and celebrate
Who you’ll be working with
Our engineering team is 16 strong and split up into five discrete functions: web, iOS, Android, core, and platform. You’ll primarily be working with two other Android engineers, the mobile PM, and several UI/UX designers.
We are a tight knit group that is inclusive, fun and hard working. We love shipping clean, testable code. Our top priority is producing a product that people love using. We have a firm, non-negotiable no jerk policy. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.