Android Engineering Team Manager - Delivery App
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for an Android Team Lead to join our awesome Delivery mobile team to lead android development. Our mobile team is a talented group of smart, humble people who are passionate about creating amazing mobile products using cutting-edge technology (Dagger 2, Volley, etc.). Innovation, research and creativity are always at the forefront of what we do, so if you’re excited to work on a product that will change the way delivery is done around the country, we look forward to receiving your application.
This role will focus as an Android Team Lead who is willing to wear many hats and take ownership of full- life cycle development, including design and architecture and Managing a team of awesome Android Engineers.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement and deliver awesome technical solutions and experiences for Grubhub drivers
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, designers, and your peers to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Manage, mentor, and participate in a small agile team
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to benefit Grubhub drivers
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong application architecture, development best practices, and new technologies.
You Should Have
- 10+ years of industry experience
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of developers
- Fully self sufficient in the Android platform and tools
- An understanding of Android app architecture and design patterns
- Recent hands-on development experience in a complex native, location-aware application
- Experience with Espresso, Dagger 2, Robolectric is a plus
- Experience with agile methodologies, certification is a plus
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.