Application Engineer at Fast Radius
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:49 a.m. (CST) on Monday, February 10, 2020
We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes, but for what it makes possible for the world. Manufacturers have an important job to do, and it’s our job to provide them with the technology and expertise they need through the entire production process, from discovery and design to manufacturing and fulfillment.
We're looking for an experienced engineer to work on various application engineering programs, ensuring projects are completed on-time and in an efficient manner. These projects typically involve mechanical design, manufacturing engineering, and product design. The application engineer would be helping the client take physical products from concept to market through the whole process.
We understand imposter syndrome and the confidence gap are real; please apply if you’d be excited to grow into this role and make it your own.
About the Job:
- Lead engineering work on product development and application engineering
- Ensure that engineering projects are appropriately resourced
- Work with company leadership to set the priority focus areas for the engineering department
- Ensure that the engineering department resources are deployed effectively and efficiently
- Communicate effectively with company leadership, manufacturing, and sales
- Apply latest additive manufacturing technologies including design software, manufacturing equipment, and materials
- Prior experience in mechanical engineering and product design
- Prior experience with engineering project planning and execution
- Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate in mechanical engineering, civil engineering, materials science and engineering, architecture, industrial design or related field (Masters or Doctorate are a plus)
- Experience in product design, industrial design, or application engineering
- Experience with digital design, CAD, and computer aided engineering
- Prior 3D printing or manufacturing experience/knowledge (a plus but not required)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Appreciation for building and working with materials hands on
- Detail oriented and interested in learning more about new engineering applications and manufacturing technologies
- Willingness to dive in for the entire process – from product concept to final part inspection and delivery
- Flexible timing and able to work independently
- Thrives in a fast pace and adaptable environment
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
-Competitive compensation and bonus structure
-Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
-Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Read Full Job Description