Applications Developer II at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We are looking for an Applications Developer to provide technical and architectural guidance and build solutions for our Corporate IT engineering team. You will conceptualize, design, build, and deploy new integrations for various internal and 3rd party applications for user management. We have high standards for code quality, all forms of testing, and intelligent architecture.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Building and maintaining SCIM endpoints for internal and 3rd party applications.
- Establish test plans for nonprod, prod progression.
- Work with internal teams to design and develop provisioning interfaces utilizing the SCIM standard.
- Troubleshoot and reference 3rd party vendor support documentation on API integrations.
- Work with the internal teams to understand test cases for provisioning use cases and user lifecycle.
- Provide documentation to the internal IT Engineering, Applications and Support teams.
- Work with the internal Security team on best practices and development designs for SCIM integrations.
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in the Information Technology Field (Identity, Infrastructure, Application Management)
- 3+ years of experience developing thoroughly tested code
- 3+ years experience coordinating with developers from other teams or 3rd party vendors.
- Understanding and deep technical knowledge of SCIM and API provisioning and deprovisioning of applications from a identity access management system to a respective application
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and common tools (i.e Git, Docker, Postman)
- Familiarity with Authorization Framework/Specifications such as OAuth, SAML, Single Sign-On solutions
- Experience with RESTful & SOAP APIs
- Knowledge of developing languages, environments, and interfaces such as, Python,Java or C#
- Knowledge of database technologies as it relates to data warehousing and application interaction
- Understanding of user and group schemas as it relates to provisioning
- A willingness and ability to develop expertise in new technologies as needed.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Be self-motivated, self-directed and customer service focused
- Strong communication skills, including presentation skills and ability to tailor communications for the intended audience.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.