Arity-Cloud Security Engineer at Arity
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The ENGINEERING Team
Our engineers are fueled by a passion to impact the future of mobility. They push the boundaries of telematics and transportation tech by creating and supporting cutting-edge products. As part of an Agile team, they are armed with the freedom to innovate and the opportunity to see projects through from start to finish. Using a variety of languages and a top-notch technology stack, our engineers make critical advances in areas like sensor technology, enterprise engineering and platform development. Our team understands what it means to collaborate and communicate in an interconnected global team, all while having trust, transparency and empathy for the end user. Which is pretty cool, if you ask us.
The Senior Cloud Security Engineer is considered the Technical Subject Matter Expert when it comes to Cloud & Security Engineering at Arity. This role will design and build Cloud Security solutions that will balance the need for speed and flexibility of Cloud infrastructure and IaaS/PaaS/SaaS applications with the need to protect Arity against ongoing and potential security threats. This role will work with Allstate's Information Security team to implement and design for Cloud usage throughout the enterprise, enforce compliance with Security policies, controls and function as a technical security SME on various projects. This critical role requires the ability to synthesize radical ideas, and the aptitude to define new security strategies in a global environment.
• Serve as a thought leader, solution visionary, and technology expert.
• Clearly communicate cloud security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
• Assist developers and product managers in performing security code reviews, developing and conducting vulnerability awareness and avoidance training programs, and implementing a comprehensive set of secure SDLC processes.
• Actively assess existing cloud implementations, identifying security issues/ prioritizing fixes and delegating to junior technical resources appropriately.
• Engineer and implement new cloud security tools to feed our DevOps/SecOps processes to ensure the solvency of cloud compute resources.
• Provide daily, ongoing security oversight of SecOps operations, to include the security impact of proposed modifications, additions, and technology implementation/refresh operations.
• Understand system security vulnerabilities and associated threats, and assess the overall security risks to the system.
• Provide mitigation recommendations to reduce identified security risks.
• Work directly with internal IT staff and customer to establish and enforce IT security best practices, protection objectives, process improvements, and effective IT security controls.
• Perform system vulnerability scanning using approved software tools and ability to automate.
• Thoroughly understand software installations, systems monitoring and troubleshooting, account management, and overall efforts to minimize system downtime.
• Thoroughly understand DevOps ideologies with the ability to drive and communicate change supporting DevOps/SecOps methodology within the organization.
• Serve as the primary interface to governance, compliance, and risk management teams to ensure the system consistently meets the requirements for certification and accreditation.
• Participate in designing and managing IT Security strategy including both infrastructure and applications.
• Lead security and compliance based projects involving cloud, operating systems, applications, and database and security issues and requirements.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology or other related discipline with 10 + or more additional years related professional experience.
• 10 + years' experience as a Security Engineer supporting software architecture development environments
• Experience with Git, Jenkins, Chef, and Puppet.
• Experience with common scripting languages (Python, Ruby).
• Strong experience with cloud security strategy, cloud provider ecosystems (AWS) & migrating enterprise from traditional data center infrastructure, application and data designs to hybrid or fully-cloud enabled practices.
• Familiar with DevOps and Agile methodology.
• Knowledge of cloud networking architecture, cloud operations, security, automation and orchestration.
• Possess clear understanding of security protocols and standards and have experience with software and security architectures.
• Demonstrate an ability to bridge technology knowledge gaps between IT staff and corporate staff such as Legal, Compliance and Audit organizations.
• Understand how to design and implement security tests in accordance with stated criteria.
• Experience understanding protocols, such as, SSL/TLS, CIFS, HTTP/S, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP/S, NFS, SNMP and DNS.
• Experience in networking concepts and services, such as, VPNs, IPsec, PKI and TCP/IP.
• Familiar with high-availability (HA) and failover implementations for network infrastructure and server systems.
• Ability to work with minimal direction on a variety of, and sometimes ambiguous, requirement.
• Organized, responsive and highly thorough problem solver.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
That's the day-to-day, now let's talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you'll be working for-and at-Arity. It's the best of both worlds. You'll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That's more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It's a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can't wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.