Arity-Lead Android Engineer at Arity
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
Arity is a new technology company that uses advanced predictive analytics to help partners evaluate risk and make sense of everyday experiences. Our proprietary algorithms analyze billions of data points, distilling the flood of information into simple, actionable insights. Chief among these is the Arity Driving Score, which models billions of miles of driving and claims data to assess risk, gauging each driver's likelihood of an event.
Founded by The Allstate Corporation, an organization synonymous with protection and preparation, Arity is born from a long-standing commitment to deep customer understanding and future-focused innovation. Fueled by the curiosity of a startup, our expertise begins with connected car, providing applied insights that meet insurer and transportation/mobility company needs and enhance driver safety, connectivity and value.
Don't miss this opportunity to join a team where your innovative thinking and technology skills can improve the safety of those on the road and further enhance the car-ownership experience.
The Arity AppEx Mobile Development team builds cutting edge, digital consumer-facing products that help our customers leverage our advanced User Insight capabilities to provide user value and make transportation better for everyone. The team leverages state-of-the-art tools and adheres to the best industry practices.
The Arity AppEx Senior Android Software Engineer is responsible for the delivery of a market leading mobile solutions leveraging cutting edge technologies, creative solutioning and results driven customer focus to further enhance our user experience.
Be part of a small, agile cross-functional team of energetic developers and product specialists in a company with great culture and start-up environment, situated in the heart of downtown Chicago in the Merchandise Mart.
- Architecture, design, and delivery of mobile software solutions on the Android platform.
- Participate and contribute to all phases of projects, including ideation, design, programming, defect correction, unit testing, code review and deployment planning.
- Drive architecture and design discussions.
- Research upcoming technology and bring new ideas to the team.
- Provide expertise on current mobile standards and cutting edge technologies and frameworks.
- Partner closely with non-technical staff to define user requirements.
- Advise on best practices for mobile UI, functional, and solution design.
- 5+ years of hands-on mobile application development experience for Android phones/tablets.
- Experience with enterprise level, high-availability mobile application development required.
- Proficiency in Java, Kotlin.
- Proficient in Webservices (REST, JSON).
- Familiarity with Industry Standard tools including GitHub, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, SonarQube, Splunk, SiteCatalyst.
- Familiarity and Experience in TDD (test driven development).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of profile provisioning and key management (such as push notifications, mapping etc.).
- Strong knowledge of phone features such as accelerometer, camera, GPS and experience integrating with these functions.
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability for creativity and innovation.
- Demonstrated ability for sound technical design.
- Ability to effectively engage subject matter experts and understand technical topics.
- Ability to work effectively with technical partners.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.