Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
Our engineers are fueled by a passion to impact the future of mobility. They push the boundaries of telematics and transportation tech by creating and supporting cutting-edge products. As part of an Agile team, they are armed with the freedom to innovate and the opportunity to see projects through from start to finish. Using a variety of languages and a top-notch technology stack, our engineers make critical advances in areas like sensor technology, enterprise engineering and platform development. Our team understands what it means to collaborate and communicate in an interconnected global team, all while having trust, transparency and empathy for the end user. Which is pretty cool, if you ask us.
The Sr Manager - QA and Release Engineer will help to build a world-class software automation quality and delivery platform for our telematics business. Working cross functionally, this agile leader will work with product owners and engineers to manage the quality of software delivery.
- Build relationships and meet regularly with leads in each product segment
- Understand the product, its roadmap, and delivery cycles
- Ensure test architecture and plans are in place for every product segment
- Identify any gaps and risks in testing
- Provide metrics for products performance and identify areas of improvement
- Maintain automation pipelines and standards
- Lead test automation within product segments
- Provide guidance on tools for automation testing API/services, UI, and functional code
- Ensure proper dashboards are in place for measuring security, code quality, build pipelines
- Set the test architecture for all product segments
- Have regular technical deep dives and knowledge transfer sessions on various testing tools and methods
- Provide standards on tools for UI, API, and code testing
- Govern technical assets with prior versions of test apps and production apps for test purposes
- Run field testing
- Support field testing for releases and production issues
- Ensure Carplay and AndroidAuto are in test van and field tested
- Provide regressions reports regularly to product teams
- Escalate resources issues to leadership
- Work with engineering to develop test plans/architecture, automation and best quality practices
- Ensure tests plans are on schedule to meet release schedules
- Support production releases / configuration testing
- Provide weekly report during staff meeting of team members commitments/work
- Minimum of 8 years of QE experience including both quality engineering and people management
- Prefer experience in testing mobile and cloud applications, APIs, and integrated solutions.
- Ability to create automation code and strategy.
- Proficient in standing up monitoring services, quality analytics tools, and data mocking services.
- Ability to work with offshore development teams in various locations and time zones.
- Possess a strong attention to detail and passion for high quality software.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Worked in an Agile environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to build strong relationships.
- Versed in professional software engineering best practices for full SDLC, including security scans and remediation, coding standards, build and test automation processes, and operations.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful quality metrics.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Salary range for this level position is $112,800 - $196,800. Actual salary offered is commensurate with experience.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment