Arity-Software Engineer-Cons II
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
Our engineers are fueled by a passion to impact the future of mobility. They push the boundaries of telematics and transportation tech by creating and supporting cutting-edge products. As part of an Agile team, they are armed with the freedom to innovate and the opportunity to see projects through from start to finish. Using a variety of languages and a top-notch technology stack, our engineers make critical advances in areas like sensor technology, enterprise engineering and platform development. Our team understands what it means to collaborate and communicate in an interconnected global team, all while having trust, transparency and empathy for the end user. Which is pretty cool, if you ask us.
The Software Engineer serves as a member of a product team. They practice paired programming and agile methodologies and have a product mindset within each product team.
The Software Engineer develops applications to build out the product through iterative enhancements: owning the full stack of software products; developing and implementing frontends (web or mobile), and backend services, leveraging test driven development and continuous integration to ensure agility and quality of products. The Software Engineer actively participates in the decision making process of the team ensuring that the simplest appropriate technology and design is chosen to meet user needs.
- Participates in iteration planning meetings ensuring that the team has a common understanding of each story and chores in a team's backlog
- Participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups
- Participates in retrospectives to gather feedback and derive actionable items to improve the team and the product
- Participate in executing the strategy, keeping the customer needs and wants in mind
- Collaborates within the team in designing systems and apps
- Practices daily paired programming and test driven development in writing software and building products
- Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices
- Provides support for software products in user environments
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong understanding of computer science concepts, object oriented design principles
- Knowledge of developing software in different programming languages, and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new languages
- Knowledge and experience on approaches and tools for automated testing and monitoring
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That's the day-to-day, now let's talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you'll be working for-and at-Arity. It's the best of both worlds. You'll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That's more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It's a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can't wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.