Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
Our engineers are fueled by a passion to impact the future of mobility. They push the boundaries of telematics and transportation tech by creating and supporting cutting-edge products. As part of an Agile team, they are armed with the freedom to innovate and the opportunity to see projects through from start to finish. Using a variety of languages and a top-notch technology stack, our engineers make critical advances in areas like sensor technology, enterprise engineering and platform development. Our team understands what it means to collaborate and communicate in an interconnected global team, all while having trust, transparency and empathy for the end user. Which is pretty cool, if you ask us.
This Test Engineer role is part of the Arity Testing Services organization and will support and drive achievement of progressive, fully autonomous testing solutions utilizing machine learning where appropriate across our Arity Product suite. Utilizing agile methodologies and extensive cloud technologies Arity is hard at work creating the future of continuous testing and we now need a strong, energetic and inquisitive engineer to play a key role in our Arity team. This role is ideal for someone who has a real passion for technology and are advocates of software engineering best practices and continuous improvement and enjoys keeping up to date in industry trends and best practice.
- Executes upon test strategies for various products within areas of responsibility which deliver upon our goals
- Embraces our technical strategy for continuous delivery
- Contribute to technology strategy and engineering roadmaps
- Initiates and implements continuous improvements in all areas of responsibility including the assessment and implementations of Chaos suite principles for each product
- Anticipates issues and develops preventative measures
- Managing workloads in an Agile development environment
- Supports the strategic technical direction for highly integrated, autonomous test solutions
- 5+ years of experience in software testing with emphasis on mobile applications and services
- Experience working with development team to monitor, test, and deploy production releases
- Experience providing performance metrics and identifying areas for product improvement
- Proficiency in finding, submitting, and tracking defects to resolution
- 2+ years of Test Automation Development experience with open source and market-leading vended solutions creating functional, regression, or performance tests
- Experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, JSON), ETL jobs and APIs; and
- Nice to have:
- Experience with common tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, GitHub, InelliJ, JUnit, JIRA, Maven
- Experience with delivering using Agile methodology practices
- Experience of cloud technologies like AWS, Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Knowledge of security (risks and threats, authentication, authorization, certificates, encryption)
- Familiarity with Agile backlog management tools such as Atlassian's JIRA / Confluence, Pivotal Tracker, TFS
- Experience in mobile development – IOS or Android
- Experience with Cassandra, Nifi, Hadoop, Kafka, Greenplum, Flink and other Big Data platforms and applications
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
The salary range for this level position is $68,800 - $126,200. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment