Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
Our engineers are fueled by a passion to impact the future of mobility. They push the boundaries of telematics and transportation tech by creating and supporting innovative products. As part of an Agile team, they are armed with the freedom to innovate and the opportunity to see projects through from start to finish. Using a variety of languages and a top-notch technology stack, our engineers make critical advances in areas like sensor technology, enterprise engineering and platform development. Our team understands what it means to collaborate and communicate in an interconnected global team, all while having trust, transparency, and empathy for the end user. Which is cool if you ask us?
The primary objective of this position is the delivery of a native mobile library used by tens of millions. This is a 100% remote role. You will participate in analyzing requirements, writing code, testing, working with product performance, defect remediation and analyzes new technologies. You will actively participate in the decision-making process of the team. You will be a part of and contribute to an environment of continuous learning, and constantly challenging and stretching the knowledge of the team.
- Build new iOS solutions being worked on in Swift (a lot of green field right now, exciting time to get in)
- Sets the standard by writing high quality code, reusable, and secure while adhering to industry best practices.
- Adds documentation to coding standards and best practices.
- Participates in executing the strategy, keeping the customer needs and wants in mind.
- Provides input into the architecture and design of the product, collaborating with the team in solving problems the right way.
- Participates in product team standups.
- Participates in retrospectives to gather feedback and derive actionable items to improve the team and the product.
- Practices test driven development in writing software and building product.
- Evaluates detailed business, functional, and high-level technical requirements to create User Stories.
- Applies reusability and up-to-date engineering techniques, languages, and best practices.
- May assist or take point on process of publishing mobile apps to the App Stores.
- Understands value of mobile TDD (Test Driven Development) and CI/CD processes.
- Cross-functionally to improve delivery processes.
- Acts as a mentor to other engineering team members, providing valuable feedback both in conversation and code review.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years software development / coding experience.
- Experience writing code, delivering software, and collaborating with cross functional teams.
- Experience engineering native mobile applications in 1 or more of the following languages: Objective C, or Swift.
- Experience with Scrum and/or Kanban within an iterative, rapid development environment.
- At least 5 years software development / coding experience.
- Experiencing programming using iPhone sensors.
- Excellent Git flow patterns.
- Professional experience writing and delivering both native Android and iOS applications.
- Experience mentoring less experienced team members.
- Mobile proof of concept / prototype rapid development experience.
- Experience identifying operational issues along with recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
The salary range for this position is $81,900 - $148,600. The salary offered is commensurate with experience.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment