Arity-Sr Manager - IT at Arity
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
As a member of the Operational Excellence team, you’ll help make sure the entire Arity team is enabled and empowered to get things done! It’s our job to ensure Arity is an industry leader both in terms of the products we offer, and by the way in which we deliver and deploy them to our customers. We are one-part business - for example, contracting with customers and suppliers, and one-part risk managers - tackling tough issues like data security and privacy. Our top candidate embraces ambiguity and change. He/she can see the big picture, understand all the implications that need to be addressed, and lead the team to overcome any hurdles to achieve Arity’s goals. Sound like you? Let’s talk!
Arity's Sr Manager - IT is responsible for helping Arity achieve its mission by ensuring that the company and the employees have the right technology, tools, and partnerships to be successful. This high profile, high exposure role is accountable for understanding Arity business and employee needs and developing and executing a strategy based on those needs. This Senior Manager will select, enhance, execute and manage the appropriate technologies and systems for the Arity Business. He/she will also manage key relationships throughout Arity and the Allstate Enterprise to achieve goals. In addition to technical skills related to employee and business computing, building rapport, influencing others, attention to detail, planning, and project/program management will be critical for this role.
Internal Technology Management
- Develop, oversee and execute on strategy for internal tools and technology solutions that enable Arity's daily business operations
- Act as a liaison to broader Allstate Enterprise technology partners such as information security, infrastructure services and client computing as it relates to internal facing software offerings
- Drive and participate in selecting and implementing vended software solutions (i.e. Salesforce, Atlassian Suite, etc.)
- Oversee development and support of internally developed technology used to support employee and business productivity
- Provide expertise in current industry trends and practices to ensure that Arity remains aggressive in developing the most appropriate corporate technology solutions
- Manage Arity's enabling technology budget and licenses
- Build and maintain relationships with all levels of employees; encourage innovation within organization
- Identify and proactively remove barriers to cooperative effort between teams and departments
- Model and create an environment of accountability by setting clear performance objectives in support of business outcomes
- Lead the process of establishing vision, direction and specific objectives for organization
- Maintain organizational focus on talent development.
- Identify and lead change. Use personal influence to enlist others in implementing change.
General Management & Decision Making
- Develop ideas and team strategy that have long-term, strategic impact. Responsible for initiating work and allocating resources necessary to implement strategy and achieve goals.
- Communicate strategy so there is understanding and motivation to achieve goals
- Manage multiple employees with significant, complex assignments. Create structures and processes that provide oversight of budgets and delivery yet allow employees freedom of action.
- Apply knowledge and efforts to diverse and complex situations; make decisions that impact quality or effectiveness of business activities beyond their area of responsibility.
- Constantly drive improvement through process and other means.
- Highly proficient in the business of information technology
Business Partner Management
- Influence individual contributors, managers, partners, service providers and peers to successfully deliver on business commitments spanning across multiple organizations.
- Negotiate solutions for issues that may be complex or controversial across multiple teams/functional groups.
- Adapt complex communication approaches for audiences at multiple internal and external levels
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of management experience; should include accountability for all aspects of leading an organization including people processes, client/partner relationships, work processes and delivery of work products.
- Experience leading or managing the IT function at a complex, highly Agile technology company
- Experience selecting and implementing vended solutions, such as Salesforce, Slack, Confluence, etc
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts for SaaS based solutions
- Experience leading development of web, mobile and other digital software applications
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies
- Experience building and managing internally facing software solutions that enable business processes (ie marketing, finance, HR)
- Experience with client computing management
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment