Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Experience Design Team
Made up of design leads, experience designers, content designers, design researchers, UI engineers, and visual designers, our Experience Designer Team works collaboratively across departments to capture the emotions and needs of our end users – which are reflected in all the ways they experience Arity and our products. Using a lean and agile approach, our XD team works across areas focused on driving data visualization, driving behavior analysis, urban planning, and shared mobility. They meet each project with deep empathy in order to craft useful and usable interface design solutions. Together, we design experiences that have real impact on the personal transportation industry and its future. Are you ready for the challenge?
The UI Engineer partners closely with team members and independently leads the creation of prototypes and production-ready user interface code for moderate level projects. In addition, contribute to strategic and complex enterprise-wide initiatives, with minimal guidance from the Lead UI Engineer.
- Enable the implementation of aesthetically pleasing designs through knowledge of front end code (including knowledge of graphic design principles, typography, iconography, web fonts and icon font tools).
- Create re-useable code and templates in support of digital style guides/brand standards and prototypes
- Create prototypes in support of various forms of user research studies (e.g. usability testing, eye-tracking, mock-up interviews, mobile testing)
- Create iterative responsive prototypes in support of responsive delivery projects; Provide input on proper levels of prototyping and production needs on projects
- Adhere to process and engagement models for interacting with delivery partners (technology and business teams) as well as, User Experience and Design Team members
- Research and share industry standards related to but not limited to: web-development, user-experience, design, awareness of new coding frameworks (e.g. jQuery, new responsive framework versions, angular.js, polymer.js).
- Adhere to and participate in the creation of standards for code quality, accessibility, and system performance
- Guide delivery teams on UI code best practices
- Support a governance model for code implementation Document design deliverables that can be shared and reused across software programs
- Provide detailed estimates for assigned work
- Manage own work. Meet established project timelines and estimates; effectively communicate deviations, risks or issues that hinder progress
- Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3-5 years of UI Development experience in delivering enterprise web-based solutions
- Experience coding websites that adhere to Web Accessibility standards and are compatible across major browser versions
- Proficient implementing websites with responsive frameworks such as Twitter Bootstrap and Zurb Foundation
- Experience developing mobile first responsive web-sites and major responsive design frameworks (e.g. bootstrap, zurb foundation)
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) for accurate implementation of visual designs
- Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages
- Experience with a CSS preprocessor such as SASS or LESS
- Knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of with MVC/MVVM design patterns
- Ability to solve problems and adapt when issues arise
- Ability to collaborate on efforts and apply good communication skills
- Familiarity with .NET and Visual Studio
Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment