ASSOCIATE DEVELOPER- DATA ANALYTICS & INTEGRATIONS
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The Associate Developer analyzes, develops, tests, and supports functional and technical activities related to data integrations, mining, analysis and visualization in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment. They work closely with business teams to deliver high quality solutions on time and on schedule. They also use their knowledge of industry trends to support a state of the art, performance-friendly, robust big data solutions.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Application Support - Assists in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to mobile native applications. Assists with specified procedures.
- Development Testing - Performs the execution of given test scripts under supervision. Records results and reports issues. Develops an understanding of the role of testing within system development, as a tool for design improvement as well as a validation process.
- Problem Management - Investigates problems in systems, processes and services. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Programming/Software Development - Assists in the designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents simple programs, or scripts and assists in the implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered information or communications system.
- Systems Integration - Assists in the software builds from software source code. Performs tests as defined in an integration test specification, records the details of any failures, and carries out fault diagnosis relating to simple failures, reporting the results of the diagnosis in a clear and concise manner.
- Create data pipelines to extract, transform and load data to multiple data sources leveraging multiple technologies and data tools.
- Get involved in investigation, evaluation, interpretation and classification of data in order to define and clarify information structures which describe the relationships between real world entities. Such structures facilitate the development of software systems, links between systems or retrieval activities.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and approaches that will power data-driven integration capabilities across the enterprise
- Develop data integration solutions on GCP leveraging Google Data Flow, Google DataProc, Google Pub/Sub, REST APIs, Java and Python scripts
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience
- Software development experiences in any programming language such as Java, Python, C++.
- Strong passion in data delivery architectures, big data analysis, machine learning and insights.
- Possess a strong work ethic; takes pride in producing a quality product
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to agile, aggressive schedules
- Must be proactive, self-directed, detailed and organized
- Support off-hours production issues and code deployments as needed
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences)