Associate Software Engineer
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in helping us improve and scale our existing architecture and systems. You will collaborate closely with product, internal customers and other engineers to determine the best way to build products that meet their needs. You will work at a growing company making an impact by furthering our lead in food transparency and extending that to all packaged goods.
What you’ll do:
- Build out a microservices architecture using both serverless technologies and RESTful, Spring Boot APIs
- Work on our infrastructure as code framework, using AWS services such as Lambda, ECS, Fargate, Step Functions, and Kinesis Firehose
- Model complex product data and work with multiple data stores, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB and Elasticsearch
- Write Python code to manipulate images
- Hang out with one of our friendly office dogs
- Collaborate with a product manager to determine what your cross functional product team should be building
- Pair with other engineers to provide highly valuable products to our customers
- Author architecture decision records and participate in architecture review boards to ensure continual improvement of our engineering practices
- Meet regularly 1:1 with your manager to support your growth and performance
- Share with your teammates and the community through lunch and learns, meetups, and conferences
Who We Are:
Label Insight was founded with the mission of helping consumers understand what’s in the products they use and consume. Our world class, venture backed, SaaS data platform is solving transparency for an entire industry. Our unique team is made up of talented engineers and data scientists who work alongside food scientists, nutritionists, and product formulation specialists to create powerful data enrichment and attribution tools.
Our engineering team consists of smart, dedicated, and creative team members. Each engineer has a desire to experiment with new and unfamiliar technology to solve their cross functional team's business objectives. We're passionate about best practices and strive to follow standards laid out before us. We also encourage our engineers to be involved in the community by participating in open source projects, speaking at local meetups, and presenting at national and international conferences.
- Transparency: We’re transparent and open regarding our work.
- Collaboration: We’re team players. We support and trust our co-workers, celebrate each other’s wins and learn from each other’s failures. We help to create an environment where everyone can thrive.
- Iteration and Innovation: We’re not afraid to challenge assumptions and make suggestions for better solutions, try new ideas, or take smart risks. We challenge the status quo, and feel safe to make mistakes knowing we can learn from them rather than repeat them.
- Intellectual Honesty and Humility: We pursue the best answer, not proving ourselves right. We are aware of your own biases and admit when we’re wrong. We’re willing to ask for help when we need it.
- Accountability: We take responsibility for our own work quality, problems and solutions, and how our actions affect those around us.
- Quality Driven: We strive for quality in our work and our approach to our role. We make data-driven decisions.
- Flexible paid vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, a kegerator and more!
- Casual, dog-friendly, open-layout workspace
- Company subsidized Health Insurance, and 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Catered team lunches every other week
- Regular team events and happy hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave