We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes but for what it makes possible for the world. Our first-of-its-kind Cloud Manufacturing Platform™ represents a new, more sustainable infrastructure to design, make, and move physical goods in the digital age. Working with companies across a variety of industries – from growing startups to Fortune 500 companies – Fast Radius helps customers with all stages of the manufacturing process from new product development to ongoing part production. We have recently announced our intent to become a publicly-listed company as the next step in scaling our vision for the future of design, manufacturing, and logistics.
Responsibilities and Outcomes:
- Support cross functional engineering projects developing workflows and analysis solutions
- Work with internal stakeholders to uncover opportunities to use data and digital technologies to improve day-to-day operations
- Partner with Costing Engineering, Design & Development and Manufacturing Engineering teams
- Work closely with the Director of Research & Development to develop scope of work and support implementation; inform make/buy decisions for our internal software teams
- Build workflows and analysis tools with a combination of simulation, analytical models, scripting, and interfacing commercial software packages
- Provide manufacturing expertise and consultation in our software organization to help define and improve our internal modeling and analysis tools on our Cloud Manufacturing Platform
- 5+ years of relevant experience in engineering, design, or manufacturing
- Demonstrated success as an engineering individual contributor and problem solver
- Experience using digital tools to design parts, assess manufacturability, model part cost drivers, and/or prepare for manufacturing (either additive, CNC or injection molding (IM))
- Experience writing scripts or workflows in Python, C++, Matlab or similar languagesPassion for data-driven problem solving; experience using analytical approaches to make decisions (mathematics, statistics, data science)
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize resources across multiple projects
- Willing learner who is comfortable developing new skills in a fast-paced environmentStrong attention to detail and accuracyExcellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors in mechanical engineering, civil engineering, materials science and engineering, or related field (Masters or Doctorate are a plus)
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Read Full Job Description