Azure Application Architect - Contract, Corp-to-Corp, Contract-to-Hire at 3Cloud
Cloud Application Architect
3Cloud is a technology services firm helping clients transform their business through the power of the cloud. We leverage Microsoft Azure to help clients speed innovation, operate more efficiently and be more responsive to their customer’s needs. As a Microsoft partner, we specialize in Azure migration, cloud-scale custom application development, Internet of things (IoT), analytics, and DevOps achieved through Azure-enabled infrastructure automation. 3Cloud is headquartered in Chicago with an office in Dallas.Job Description
We are looking for a motivated self-starter that wants to grow as we grow. As an Azure Architect, your primary responsibility will be to ensure client success with Azure. You will be responsible for the analysis, design and planning of application architecture in Azure and other related technologies. The role is a technical client-facing role that will be accountable for the end-to-end client cloud application development. The ideal candidate will have experience in client-facing roles and have success leading technical discussions with senior executives that drive key decisions and implementation.
A successful candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate proficiency with the design, implementation, and support of cloud solutions, and exhibit superior communication skills. If you are a smart capable architect, 3Cloud is a fit for you!Key Responsibilities
As a 3Cloud Application Architect, you will own technical envisioning, design, project scope and working with the project team to deploy Azure-based solutions that meet our client’s needs.
- Work with the sales team to support sales efforts by setting the cloud vision, providing thought leadership and strategy to our clients.
- Serve as the technical lead and subject matter expert on projects and workshops, overseeing the work of other consultants.
- Architecting and implementing solutions in Microsoft Azure that meet the client’s needs for security, scalability, reliability and performance.
- Translate requirements into a technical design leveraging existing tools, services and frameworks.
- Drive design and deployment of the client’s workloads into Azure by providing architectural guidance (including, design, implementation and deployment), supporting development of the client’s cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers.
- Keep abreast of emerging technology trends and their impact on cloud solutions.
- Provide technical leadership of projects and creation of collateral including; reference implementations, best practices, and training of sellers and partners in your area of specialization.
- Identify, validate, and grow opportunities to accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts in partnership with the sales team, by driving solution architecture for both Microsoft and third-party solutions.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%, but ability to be remote.
- A passion for building applications and cloud-native architecture using PaaS, containers or serveless.
- Desire for continuous learning and new technology to be used in the cloud space.
- Desire to be hands-on code but able to develop complex architectures in the cloud.
- 5-10 years of experience in application development.
- 5 years of application architecture and leading development teams.
- Experience working in a consulting environment.
- Experience working in a major cloud platform, Azure, AWS, or GCP. Azure Preferred.
- Understanding of the Agile process and DevOps.
- Interest in or experience in Mobile, IoT, Blockchain applications.
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- B.S. in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.