Jiobit, which develops the next generation of location-based wearables, is seeking an experienced software development engineer that thrives in the chaotic startup world. Given the importance of this role for the long-term success of the company, equity compensation will be available for the right candidate. This position is available in Chicago, IL.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Development and support of the backend solution for Jiobit products.
- Design, documentation, and implementation of backend features from scratch to production-ready state.
- Collaboration with different teams (product, firmware, mobile, e-commerce, customer care) to define requirements for backend features.
- Constantly improving existing codebase quality and delivering new high-quality code.
Why we want you:
- Advanced knowledge of Java and backend frameworks (Spring Boot, Spring).
- Advanced knowledge of Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Web Services (experience with both preferred).
- Experience with AWS IoT platform will be a plus.
- Hand-on experience of unit-tests and integration tests implementation, an understanding concept of code mocking.
- Good understanding of scalable web application design patterns and architecture principles.
- Good knowledge of Linux / UNIX based systems.
- Infrastructure / DevOps experience (continuous integration setup, deploying and running applications in a test and production environment etc.)
- Good knowledge of Agile development practices and the software development lifecycle.
Why you want to work with us:
We like people who take risks, big and small. At Jiobit, we’re motivated every day because we do meaningful work that solves real problems. We support one another in our current roles and career aspirations, encouraging each other to learn new skills and dive deeper into our expertise. We believe in you working the way you want to; if you have an idea, do it, we support you. We celebrate our successes (big and small) and make memories at bi-annually off-sites and team building events (kayaking, karaoke-ing, Cards Against Humanity-ing). And last but not least: Great benefits, flexible vacation policy, and the opportunity to build and influence our brand, portfolio, and culture from the ground up. That’s a risk worth taking. We are looking to hire a full-time employee for this position. However, all new team members start as a contractor during the onboarding process for the first few weeks before being converted to W2 employees based on performance. Equity will be offered at the initial start date.
- Flexible work hours and location
- Company retreats every 6 months
Additional Benefits at W-2 Conversion:
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (including 50% contribution for dependents)-
- Basic Life Insurance- 401(k)