Catsy is rapidly gaining international recognition with our easy-to-love cloud platform for brands to manage product content that helps them win market share in eCommerce.
The ideal candidate is excited about working in an open, collaborative environment and is eager to contribute to the shape and culture of our developmental process. You are creative, flexible and enjoy having impactful input to every aspect of the development life cycle.
We are looking for a Software Engineer responsible for well-designed, maintainable, and testable code both on the client-side and the server-side of our cloud application. The primary focus for this role will be to implement our backend in Java with a focus on architecture.
Before Catsy, we were on the other side of the challenge as users trying to upload product content into eCommerce sites. It was a painful process that involved spreadsheet gymnastics and a lot of mind-numbing cut & paste. In search of a solution to this challenge, we started Catsy.
At the end of our day, our purpose is simple: Empower people to do what they love and be useful along the way. At Catsy you will be involved in making professional lives more manageable for users who have to deal with the challenges of content management in Excel.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years of professional experience with Java and SQL database development.
- A sample portfolio (code or public facing web build).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills The ability to shift gears quickly and multi-task The ability to ask great questions and are naturally solution-oriented: you excel at solving problems, particularly in team settings
What You’ll Do
- Implement back-end components in our Java server with SQL database.
- Optimize our database and performance tune queries.
- Collaborate with the development team to create and follow best practice coding principles
- Think fast, work hard, and laugh a lot
- Add to the culture and change the trajectory of our growth
What does the product do?
Catsy simplifies content management by centralizing all data management activities and digital asset management activities departments within an organization. Teams within an organization like operations, marketing, creative and e-commerce can centralize their workflow and create efficiencies and eliminate spreadsheets, folders, Excel and google sheets.
Collaboration is key to the Catsy Home Team. Our culture is to be useful and to be kind. We like being useful because when our users get use out of our hard work, our days become very interesting. And we like kindness for its own sake. We have weekly team lunches and monthly activities. Together, we curate an open environment and encourage constant feedback to create great experiences for our users and guarantee success for our clients. We live and breathe our values and have a whole lot of fun along the way.
- Competitive salary + stock options
- Opportunity for product ownership, and control
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Ability to make a significant impact on the business
- Great opportunity for personal and professional growth
- Ability to implement new ideas
- Ability to be a part of something big with the future being extremely bright for Catsy
Why should you drop us a line?
* Top benefits
* Excellent Learning opportunities - you can try out new implementations
* We are a quickly growing company that is looking to expand our development team.
* We were also recently recognized for Fall 2019 by G2Crowd as one of the emerging 50 B2B Tech companies in Chicago.