Backend Java Engineer
DRIVIN is looking to expand our development team as we continue to innovate the used car industry. The candidate should have a strong background in Java Web Service development and be comfortable using the Spring Framework. As an engineer on the development team the main responsibilities are design, implementation, and maintenance of RESTful web services in both Composite service and Microservice forms. These web services will be integrating with PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch to help aggregate data for the composite services. The candidate should have good communication skills and be able to work closely with Product Owners to discuss feasibility of technical considerations as well as provide accurate estimates for project completion.
DRIVIN tech stack is cutting edge using Amazon AWS to deploy our infrastructure, using ElasticSearch for fast queries and PostgreSQL for transactional data and integrating data from the Data Science team in real time to help innovate the used car industry.
- Building and maintaining composite and micro services in Java/Spring/React
- Design and implement cross team micro services for common functionality
- Mentoring junior developers in best practices, providing guidance for implementation strategies
- Working closely with Product Owners to help gather and refine requirements for upcoming stories
- Helping to implement proof of concepts for new technologies
- Implementing and maintaining unit test coverage for the Web Service layer
- 3+ years of professional Java development experience with RESTful Web Services
- 3+ years of experience using relational databases for data persistence
- Experience with NoSQL (ElasticSearch, Cassandra, MongoDB) data stores preferred
- Experience using Spring framework
- Experience using Junit/Mockito for unit testing
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working in Amazon AWS environments preferred