Build and Release Engineer (DevOps) at Litera
Our Story: Litera, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a fast-growing software company and one of the leading legal technology suppliers in the world. Serving over 90% of the world's largest law firms, our software is used by hundreds of thousands of lawyers every day. As a company recently selected for Crain's Best Places to Work in Chicago, we believe professional development, rewards programs, open communication, and transparent leadership all contribute to a unique and open work environment. Our employees are driven, energetic, passionate, and have the ability to make a direct impact on the future of the company.
As a Build and Release Engineer at Litera you will be implementing build and deployment tools for various products. You will be working with scrum teams to develop web hooks/workflows between various tools and moving parts in the SDLC. Maintain build plans and integration tasks that utilize CICD best practices.
A Day in the Life:
- Automate configuration and management of dev, staging and production environments
- Create automated software build/deploy processes
- Architect next generation CI/CD processes and pipelines that guarantee faster time to market for the product and positive end user experience
- Design, document, implement and maintain automated processes
- Continually evaluate tools and technologies to improve the overall release process
- Work in close coordination with development and IT teams to automate the delivery of our products
Within 1 month, you will:
- Participate in our engineering onboarding process.
- Meet the DevOps/Scrum teams and department representatives/leads within the company.
- Learn our business and customers, and where we're going.
- Familiarize yourself with our current technology and engineering processes.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Configure new application and software updates as required for installers, web application, web services, windows services, and scheduled tasks
- Execute release activities for various environments including production
- Assist with debugging enterprise application issues to resolve problems in our test and production environments by reviewing errors and program code.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Improve and how we build and deliver software
- Provide guidance to teams on feature implementation
- Participate in bi-annual performance review process
- 1+ years of experience building, delivering, and deploying SaaS/web/desktop applications
- 1+ years of experience with CI/CD tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Docker, Maven
- 1+ years of experience with code management and branching
- 1+ years of experience with scripting using PowerShell and/or python
- 1+ years of experience with MS Server/Desktop operating systems
- Experience with managing Windows and Linux systems
- Experience with installer tools such as InstallShield and WiX
- Good understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, Networking, and load balancing
- Previous exposure to Agile methodologies and Continuous Delivery SDLC is preferred.
- Previous experience configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting enterprise applications in a networked environment is preferred
- Previous experience with relational databases such as MYSQL server, SQL server, ORACLE server and client server concepts is preferred
- Desire to transform desktop application to web ready utilizing our cloud solutions in Azure and AWS
- Desire experience working on cross-functional teams
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
What Sets us Apart?
- Have direct contact and work directly with the executive team
- Work with a team that has a proven track record
- You'll be challenged and encouraged to broaden your skills
- Regular social & philanthropic events
- Participation in development and training programs
- Many opportunities for monetary awards for those going above & beyond