Business Applications Engineer at OneSpan
OneSpan is looking for a Business Applications Engineer to join our team in Montréal. The Business Applications Engineer is responsible for the implementation of business processes in cloud based business applications, supporting mostly Customer Support, R&D, Professional Services and IT departments (collaboration tools, ITSM, service desk, project management). Initial focus is implementing ITSM and ITBM processes to improve our customer service. Also improving internal collaboration and workforce performance. The business applications engineer understands business processes, and configures them in the tools and develops scripts to automate and optimize current processes.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand, describe and automate internal business processes using a set of cloud based tools (specifically ServiceNow, JIRA, Slack, Monday.com).
- Configure the service desk and project management applications to automate business processes, create data entry forms, operational reports, improve search functions, maintain the data model and user management.
- Write scripts to automate certain activities to optimize business processes.
- Improve collaboration and performance throughout the company by training users on how to optimize their processes using the company tools better.
- Suggest ways to improve current processes by appropriate automation.
- Create ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ process and data models using common modelling techniques
- Maintain business applications, including setting up user groups, permission structures, maintain access, maintain master data. This includes providing user and access reports for compliance purposes (e.g. SOX compliance) and writing control views to enforce proper system maintenance and usage. Write ad hoc SQL queries for ad hoc reporting needs and data migration activities.
- Write detailed functional specifications for additional functionality and interfaces, which require development activity from internal or external developers.
- Review technical specifications in a proper way and in line with enterprise architecture principles and guidelines.
- Perform and document test scenarios and provide evidence on proper system testing before program or configuration changes are ready for testing by the users and released for production.
- Responsible for (communication of) operational schedule(s) of maintenance activity on the business applications.
- Improve IT processes, administration and reporting on the workflow / ITIL application to ease and improve IT status monitoring and reporting.
- Bachelor Degree or comparable higher education (technical college, …).
- 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience within business process engineering.
- Capable to translate business needs into concrete technical solutions.
- Knowledge of process and data modelling techniques.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies (i.e. Scrum)
- Knowledge of ITSM (i.e. ITIL 4) is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate with business users on different levels and make technical solutions understandable in business terms.
- Excellent writing skills, capable to write job instructions, system documentation, change requirements, test scenarios and results for different target groups (IT colleagues, business users, auditors).
- Confident in English (both spoken and written).
- Availability and ability to travel to Brussels