C++ / IoT Software Developer Position
What does this mean for your career?
Every day, our teams embrace exciting opportunities with their unique skills and talents to pioneer advancing innovation and radically change how the rail industry navigates the future. At Wi-Tronix, we are inspiring and engineering the skills of tomorrow, today and we are looking for exceptional people who share our passion and are ready to break the rules and re-imagine rail. Big ideas happen here, ideas that keep people safe and an industry we love safely on track. Our culture is about agile collaboration and working here is not just a job-it's a calling to make a difference.
The Software Developer will continually conceptualize, design, implement, deploy and improve Wi‐Tronix's innovative technological solutions that sustain and enhance the operations, safety, and efficiency
of the world's transportation systems.
- Participating in specification reviews as per product development review process
- Developing with guidance high quality software solutions consistent with existing PD process
- Ensuring the code retains product performance, logical stability, reliability, confidentiality, maintainability and integrity
- Ensure the coding standards are followed and reviews are completed as per code review process
- Utilizing mobbing during code development, when appropriate
- Validating new product solutions compliance to PD standards through a combination of unit, integration, field and new functionality testing
- Ensuring all new features meet function requirements and the data is verified for accuracy
- Monitoring your systems proactively as per system ownership document and ensuring corrective actions are taken to avoid any major issues
- Providing feedback to open appropriate severity level defect and resolving defects on time and accurately
- Interacting and collaborating with customer service, project engineering, and the rest of the product development team to deliver superior service to Wi-Tronix technical support and end customers
- B.S. Electrical, Computer Engineering, or related degree; in lieu of degree, 5+ years’ relevant work experience.
- Or… 1 year experience with a Masters’ degree.
- Ideally 2-4 years’ C++ software development experience in telecommunication, military, transportation or similar industry.
- Development experience in embedded windows.
- Experience with software development that includes robotics, communicating with external devices, or IoT experience.
- Working experience with GIT, Jira/TFS or other tracking, Visual Studio or other visualization software.
Wi-Tronix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Wi-Tronix is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Wi-Tronix are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your recruiter so that we can discuss the appropriate alternatives available.