Campus: Systems Reliability Engineer (2019 Start)
Title: Campus: Systems Reliability Engineer (2019 Start)
Our Systems Reliability Engineers are the stewards of our trading systems, balancing a safe, orderly production environment with profitability and sustainable growth. You will start in Optiver’s training program, where you will learn about our systems and principles so that you will be able to quickly contribute and make an impact. Your responsibility is to stay ahead of the complexity inherent in scaling a distributed system that handles over half a million correlated financial instruments across multiple data centers and thousands of servers, all the while striving for simplicity and operational excellence.
Technology at Optiver:
Our engineers work closely with traders to identify the business problems we face and determine how they should be solved. We apply a disciplined and scientific approach. We engineer simple, well-architected solutions that meet the dynamic needs of our traders. Our passion is to solve problems which really matter to the business, and we take pride in the quality of our solutions.
What you’ll need:
• Graduating with a BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience scripting in Python, Perl, or Ruby
• Interest in operating systems and network architectures
• Ability to learn quickly and autonomously
• Experience working in a Technology role is a plus
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver’s story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. With over 1,000 employees globally and 200 in our Chicago office, our mission to improve the market unites us.