Cloud Application Solution Architect
10th Magnitude is a technology services firm helping businesses achieve transformation through cloud technologies. We are market leaders in leveraging the power Microsoft Azure to accelerate innovation speed, operational agility and customer responsiveness for clients around the globe. As one of the top Microsoft Azure partners in the US we specialize in Azure Migration, Cloud-Scale Custom Application Development, Internet of Things, Analytics and DevOps achieved through Azure-Enabled Infrastructure Automation. A member of the Microsoft Azure Partner Advisory Council and a Gold Cloud Platform Microsoft partner
If you have serious experience with building and running high-performing corporate applications and infrastructure, then we want you to be the new Cloud Application Solution Architect who will help our clients leverage Microsoft Azure to migrate, build, and run enterprise applications in the cloud.
As Cloud Application Solution Architect, you will provide thought leadership to our clients, help design, scope, and sell amazing projects, and help delivery teams fulfill the vision you’ve shaped. This role will directly support both our Business Development Managers to pursue new customer opportunities and our technical teams to deliver cutting edge solutions. Keeping our skills cutting edge is a must, and part of your role will be to share the same education and enthusiasm that you give our clients with our internal teams. Curiosity, confidence, and a holistic application of technical skills to business problems are your hallmark.
As Cloud Application Solution Architect at 10th Magnitude you will take personal ownership of the technical envisioning, scope, and goals of sales pursuits. In this role, a passion for helping clients succeed in the cloud is required, as is a cross-functional background with good infrastructure and applications knowledge.
- Lead Assessment Engagements. Using 10th Magnitude’s proprietary Cloud Readiness Assessment model, lead projects that help clients review their existing portfolio of applications, determine cloud compatibility, perform cost / benefit analysis, and build application migration and modernization roadmaps.
- Agile Requirements Definition. Collaborate with clients to define requirements and translate them into user stories. Add vision to the project along the way.
- Technical Architecture. Translate requirements into a technical design with an eye toward leveraging existing tools, services and frameworks.
- Thought Leadership & Knowledge Management. You will help digest the flood of incoming information regarding new Azure features, development methodologies, libraries, tools, etc. to help our clients—and our team—stay ahead of the curve.
- Microsoft Partnership Enhancement. Deepen our technical relationship with Microsoft by cultivating new and existing relationships to drive additional sales. Collaborate with the product team, and help manage our application development competency
Skills & Experience
- 7+ years professional technology architecture experience
- 5+ years developing software and delivering solutions in a consulting environment
- 2+ years in a technology management role
- 2+ years direct involvement in technology sales
- Understanding of Windows Server required, Linux understanding a big plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of application infrastructure architecture fundamentals
- Experience in the design and development of cloud-native, secure, distributed applications that leverage microservice architecture, webservices, ReST APIs, API Gateways, relational an NoSQL stores and loosely coupled messaging
- Experience in the design and automation of infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service capabilities including virtual networks, virtual machines, cloud services, web sites, data services, IOT, etc.
- Experience in design and implementation of Internet of Things solutions that leverage high colume telemetry ingestion, stream analytics and data visualization
- Experience in the design and implementation of big data analytics that leverage Hadoop, and predictive analytics
- Experience in DevOps/Automation practices including automations and capabilities for CI, CD, metrics, monitoring, infrastructure as code, configuration management, and the organizational adoption of systems thinking, feedback loops and collaboration
- Solid understanding of cloud/ networking/ distributed environments
- Experience and capability to conceive and present solutions to client tailored to their unique business problems and opportunities, then follow through in executing these solutions
Regardless of skills and experience, we look for people with the following personal traits:
- Passionate. You exude round-the-clock enthusiasm for your field of expertise.
- Versatile. You’re really deep in a few areas, but capable across a much wider range.
- Communicator. You can confidently converse with clients in their own language.
- Problem Solver. You can figure out a solution to any problem that comes your way.
- Pragmatist. You can separate what must be done now and what can be improved later.
- Self-Starter. You spot opportunities and take action without waiting for direction.
- Team Player. You help others; ask for input and share ideas—all in the name of teamwork.
Read Full Job Description