Cloud Automation Engineer
Job Description Summary
The Cloud Automation Engineer is responsible for designing, provisioning, monitoring and maintaining the on-premise datacenter and cloud automation framework. Successful candidate requires experience in systems and cloud automation, be a critical thinker, scripter with strong automation background, highly organized with strong communication skills and a mindset for continuous improvement to automate repeatable tasks.
- Responsible for the design, creation, configuration and delivery of cloud infrastructure environments using automation best practices and a proactive strategy.
- Responsible for automating the infrastructure build in on-premise datacenters and cloud.
- Responsible for providing technology assessments in support of automation and on-premise to cloud migration.
- Responsible for automating of operational processes using scripting languages.
- Recommend improvements, maintain/monitor production and non-production systems to ensure infrastructure performs at maximum efficiency and security.
- Participates in disaster recovery and automate business continuity exercise.
- Be able share the on-call rotation with the team.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience or Master’s degree with 3+ years of experience
- Hands-on experience developing automation solutions using the tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Packer.
- Hands-on experience in CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Hudson) and scripting (Python, Ruby, Bash, PowerShell).
- Hands-on experience with virtualization tools and cloud computing, private (VMware, OpenStack) or public (AWS) cloud automation.
- Hands-on experience in building application infrastructure environment using code and repeatable designs.
- Experience in container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience with Linux, Ubuntu, VMware (vCenter, ESXi, vSphere) and Database technologies (Oracle, SQL) in an enterprise environment a plus.
- Experience in administering the monitoring tools like Solar Winds, App Dynamics, XPOLOG, Alert Site, OEM 12c/13c monitoring in a complex distributed java/cloud-based enterprise environment is a plus.
- Experience with automating middleware stack like Oracle WebLogic, JBOSS, Tomcat, SOA based technologies, or its equivalent technologies is a plus.
- Requires strong interpersonal and organizational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, work in a team environment, follow written policies and procedures.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to independently solve complex technical issues and be proactive in issue identification and mitigating.
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!