Cloud Automation Engineer at CCC
Job Description Summary
The Cloud Automation Engineer is responsible for designing, provisioning, monitoring and maintaining the on-premise datacenter and cloud automation framework. Successful candidate requires experience in systems and cloud automation, be a critical thinker, scripter with strong automation background, highly organized with strong communication skills and a mindset for continuous improvement to automate repeatable tasks.
- Responsible for the design, creation, configuration and delivery of cloud infrastructure environments using automation best practices and a proactive strategy.
- Responsible for automating the infrastructure build in on-premise datacenters and cloud.
- Responsible for providing technology assessments in support of automation and on-premise to cloud migration.
- Responsible for automating of operational processes using scripting languages.
- Recommend improvements, maintain/monitor production and non-production systems to ensure infrastructure performs at maximum efficiency and security.
- Participates in disaster recovery and automate business continuity exercise.
- Be able share the on-call rotation with the team.
- 4+ year as a Senior SRE/DevOps production operation in diversified Linux and Windows environments (both Linux and Windows environments)
- 3+ years’ experience in major virtualization environments, preferably utilizing VMware. Knowledge and exposure to Dockers a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems (RHEL/CentOS/Debian) and its fundamentals. Windows knowledge a plus.
- Strong knowledge and experience with RESTFUL/SOA environments running tomcat, apache, NGINX, nodejs, asp, Python.
- Experience implementing and/or using Git/Stash, Jenkins, ARM, JIRA, and code quality & security scanning tools
- Knowledge of cloud-based technologies and tools especially in deployment, monitoring and operations, such as Kubernetes, Slack, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana, etc.
- Experience with transactional databases (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL) configured for high availability and redundancy.
- Strong crisis management and leadership ability.
- Strong and effective written/verbal communication skills, whether talking to individual contributors or to executive management.
- Experience in creating tools for infrastructure (IaaS and PaaS) management and automation a plus.
- Familiarity with following monitoring tools - App Dynamics, CloudWatch, SolarWinds a plus.