What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years we’ve grown from 0 to 7M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Fetch’s next step in evolving the shopping experience will require a Cloud Developer. You will build and improve the tools used at Fetch to deploy, manage and monitor highly performant cloud resources. Using Infrastructure as Code your team will improve the security, resiliency and scalability of Fetch’s micro-services. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems and design & develop an appropriate solution with limited assistance.In your tool-bag:
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud providers
- Demonstrated success with functional or object-oriented programming. (Fetch is broadly language agnostic, but our existing IaC framework is a combination of Ansible and Python)
- Experience building extendable applications/systems for internal engineering teams
- Effective communication, strong listening and strategic thinking skills including the ability to translate and explain technical issues to non-technical team members.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply learning to problems or activities.
You have experience with:
- Required: Modern cloud architecture (virtualization, databases, message queueing)
- Developing and operating software applications (Python, boto3)
- Infrastructure as Code (Ansible, CloudFormation, CDK)
- Building highly available, scalable, fault-tolerant infrastructure
- Comfort with the use of a variety of programming languages and data stores (Python, Java, Go, MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL, Redis)
- Experience managing highly available and scalable hosting solutions in a micro-service environment
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, engineering or mathematical field of study