Cloud Engineer at Apexon (Chicago, IL)
Saggezza is a proven technology and consulting partner that delivers personalized, high-value solutions to accelerate business growth. We consult, create experiences, analyze, modernize and digitize to help our clients adapt and transform the way they do business. Saggezza consultants work as part of a global team, and throughout their tenure, have the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects across various clients and industries. We are chartered to do one thing, and one thing only – to bring enabling technology to our clients that allows them to move their business forward.
The cloud engineer will create a bridge between development and operations by applying a software engineering mindset to solve system engineering and administration challenges. The cloud engineer will engage with clients on a regular basis to build scalable, reliable and efficient software to help better serve their customers.
The ideal candidate will be required to have experience with containerization and have hands on expertise with DevOps tools and platforms such as Kubernetes and Docker. Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills will be critical for success in this role in addition to working within tight deadlines and an ability to work well under pressure.
What You Will Definitely Need
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.), or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 5 or more years’ experience in IT systems installation, operations, administration, and maintenance of virtualized servers / cloud systems.
- Experience with architecting, implementing and maintaining highly available mission critical environments for 24x7 availability.
- Experience administering both Linux and Windows servers as well as Docker, Container based infrastructure in a highly available environment.
- An understanding of REST API’s / REST architecture will be highly advantageous in this role.
- Knowledge of relational database systems and concepts (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc.) will be highly advantageous in this role.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure design and components, such as servers, operating systems, networks, and storage will be highly advantageous in this role.
- Hands-on experience with the following tools/platforms will be highly advantageous in this role: Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Kafka, GitHub, OpenShift, and configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Hands on experience with configuration and implementation of IaaS, Infrastructure as code, AWS, Azure, GCP etc. will be highly advantageous in this role.
What We Would Love to See
- Familiarity with agile software development methodology and tooling, including continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- A desire to automate processes, build software tools, and create infrastructure-as-code solutions in a DevOps environment.
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification or higher desired; Relevant industry certifications such as Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud are a plus
Don’t tick all the boxes? Don’t worry about it: we still want to hear from you if you think you’re the right person for the job.
What Makes Saggezza Unique?
Strong Relationships: We take the time to know our clients well, from the way they do business to their culture and their unique pain points. This level of engagement enables us to develop highly effective solutions.
Clients First: We work to understand our clients then develop a unique point of view to address their pain points. We do whatever it takes to provide the right solutions to address their specific situation.
A Trusted Partner: We collaborate as a true strategic partner and work side-by-side to develop the best solutions to bring our clients’ businesses into the future.
Passionate Mindset: We have an unending passion for technology and teamwork. We develop highly effective solutions to help our clients tackle the complex digital landscape.
Creating Value: The right investment in digital change is critical for our clients. That’s why we develop personalized, highly effective solutions that deliver value for their businesses.
Delivery Excellence: Our proven processes provide high-quality solutions that are delivered on time.
Why Join Our Team
- Our culture is diverse with endless opportunities to work for global corporations in their own backyard.
- Our nurturing and supportive environment fosters collaboration across the entire organization.
- We are not hierarchical but operate as a flat surface where every opinion matters, ideas are cultivated and innovation is encouraged.
- At Saggezza, we are fortunate to have a strong mentorship program that provides each and every one of our consultants the ability to thrive professionally and personally.
- We are only as good as our people. Saggezza, Italian for wisdom, is rooted from the perspective that knowledge is power. We create thought-leaders who are constantly exposed and trained in different technologies in the ever-evolving world of software development.
- We welcome all types of innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit to grow with our team.
*Saggezza is unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time. Please ensure all applicants have full authorization to work in the United States.
Saggezza is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.