Cloud Operations Engineer
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. As a Cloud Operations Manager at our organization, you will strive to achieve efficiencies via maximum possible automation and standardization of services. This enables our engineering and business teams to deliver solutions that improve the effectiveness of primary care for our doctors and patients.
Integral to our Technology Operations team, the Cloud Operations Manager will drive a wide variety of projects to support and improve the organization’s operational efficiency, including overall resource availability and response times. As a new member of our team, you will initially be responsible for helping with the implementation of process and controls that takes us to next level of operational maturity.
What are some examples of projects you will be leading as a Cloud Operations Engineer at VillageMD?
- You will be responsible for leveraging various alerting mechanism with goal of achieving maximuminfrastructure uptime including availability of critical services that our products depend upon.
- You will own provisioning, implementation and maintenance of all environments including active monitoring and responding to alerts with quick resolution.
- As part of our Security First approach, you will ensure Technology Operations is adhering to security and regulatory compliance established by Security Operations and Legal/Compliance team.
What will make you successful here?
- A desire to make your own job easier and to make Technology Operations more efficient by utilizing the right
- combination of technology. In other words, make technology work for you and not vice versa
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Identify opportunities to build automation and services to make operations of continuously growing infrastructure simple. Actively participate in increasing percentage of infrastructure covered under Infrastructure as Code (IaC) setup with context of elevating maturity of HA/DR solution.
- Understand current footprint of enterprise cloud services and build a stack of controls and checkpoints that achieves operational goals and maintains the purpose of original architecture.
- Develop Operational KPIs and Cost Management & Optimization metrics.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 5 to 10 years of full-time experience in system administration role – Windows (preferred), Linux (a big plus)
- Experience working with PowerShell (preferred) or Python (a big plus)
- Experience with automation, infrastructure as code and continuous delivery techniques
- Experience with a configuration management framework (Chef, Ansible, Terraform)
- Experience with cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring and alerting tools such as DataDog or Nagios
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.