Cloud Operations Engineer at VillageMD
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems.
Integral to our Technology Operations team, the Cloud Operations Engineer will drive a wide variety of projects to support and improve the organization’s operational efficiency, including overall resource availability and response times. As a new member of our team, you will initially be responsible for helping with the implementation of process and controls that takes us to next level of operational maturity.
What are some examples of projects you’ll be managing as a Cloud Ops Engineer at VillageMD?
- Develop PowerShell scripts to sync O365 user data with HR Systems and automate output of critical audit items.
- Leverage various alerting mechanism with goal of achieving maximum infrastructure uptime including availability of critical services that our business depends upon.
- You will own provisioning, implementation and maintenance of all environments including active monitoring and responding to alerts with quick resolution.
- As part of our Security First approach, you will ensure Technology Operations is adhering to security and regulatory compliance established by Security Operations and Legal/Compliance team.
What will make you successful here?
- Ability to communicate at all levels including sending enterprise wide announcements, providing executive summaries and writing effective notes in project stories.
- Leveraging Kanban methodology in managing day to day tasks and ability to breakup large objectives in smaller achievable chunks to make incremental progress
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Identify opportunities to build automation and services to make operations of continuously growing infrastructure simple.
- Help product owners maintain their products once they are in production by monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Actively participate in increasing percentage of infrastructure covered under Infrastructure as Code (IaC) setup with context of elevating maturity of HA/DR solution.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 3 to 5 years of full-time experience in Windows systems administration role
- Excellent PowerShell development skills is a must (familiarity with Python, even better)
- Experience with User Lifecycle Management platforms (O365, OneLogin or Okta, Azure AD)
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring and alerting tools such as DataDog or Nagios
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools (Terraform, Ansible, Chef)
- Experience with cloud operations and management- preferably AWS or Azure
- Experience with Service Management platforms such as Jira or Zendesk
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.