Work you’ll do
Cloud provides the opportunity to innovate business practices, improve customer delivery, and create competitive advantage, all through business transformation. It represents an opportunity to advance core business practices and enable new business capabilities, well beyond a foundational “lift and shift” to public or private cloud. Financial benefits of a shift to cloud can often fuel the business transformation, enabling parallel IT and business innovation. Our Strategy and Operations Cloud leaders help solve our client’s most complex issues, to ensure both value creation and business transformation, through transitions to cloud.
Our practitioners work collaboratively within integrated, cross-functional teams to deliver business, digital and analytics transformation, enabled through cloud. Teamwork is crucial as teams are composed of a diverse group of specialists across multiple disciplines from both within our consulting practice and from our clients, helping drive towards a successful outcome. Our practitioners are expected to own and deliver their respective deliverables while managing different clients and other stakeholders.
A Manager at Deloitte will manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies. Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
- Formulate planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting strategies.
- Manage full life cycle implementations.
- Develop statements of work and/or client proposals.
- Identify business opportunities to increase usability and profitability of information architecture.
- Experience with program leadership, governance and change enablement.
- Develop and manage vendor relationships.
- Lead workshops for client education.
- Manage resources and budget on client projects.
- Assist and drive the team by providing oversight.
Our Strategy practice brings together several key capabilities that will allow us to architect integrated programs that transform our clients’ businesses, including Corporate & Business Unit Strategy, Technology Strategy & Insights, Enterprise Model Design, Enterprise Cloud Strategy and Business Transformation.
Strategy professionals will serve as trusted advisors to our clients, working with them to make clear data-driven choices about where to play and how to win, in order to drive growth and enterprise value.
Strategy will help our clients:
- Identify strategies for growth and value creation
- Develop the appropriate business models, operating models, and capabilities to support their strategic vision
- Maximize the ROI on technology investments and leverage technology and Cloud trends to architect future business strategies
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree and 6+ years consulting and/or industry experience
- At least 4 years of experience managing transformation initiatives for mid to large scale organizations (min. of 2 full life cycle implementations)
- Experience participating in and setting engagement objectives and scope
- Experience developing work plans for components of engagements, coordinating activities between work streams and identifying changes in scope
- Experience designing deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results
- Strong client relationship skills, and ability to work with Business and IT leadership
- Experience working with cloud (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS/BPaaS), digital, and analytics solutions
- Experience with workload assessment, business case development, operational assessment, roadmap creation, vendor selection, and operating model design
- Ability to take major ownership in orchestrating client workshops and customer interactive sessions
- Excellent articulation, communication and strong inter personal skills
- Ability to challenge the norm when identifying process improvement opportunities
- Ability to articulate leading business issues and trends, including the associated technology implications within one or more industries
- Strong program management skills with experience managing and delivering complex and critical programs
- Ability to travel 80-100% of the time (Monday – Thursday/Friday)
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization (MBA Preferred)
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff