Commerce Technology / Development Lead
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led intrapreneurial organization. We're driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We love the creativity involved in taking a blank screen and blinking cursor and making it something amazing. With intrapreneurship in our DNA, we're able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we're searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Rightpoint is the largest independent customer experience agency with technology at our core, and 450 employees across 10 offices. We create seamless digital experiences driven by insight, strategy, technology and design -- and expanded mobile innovation and emerging technologies via Raizlabs. We serves more than 250 Fortune 1,000 companies with strategy, site design and development, content, CRM, commerce, BI and cloud infrastructure.
And the industry is taking notice:
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of "Fastest Growing Companies," 2014 - 2017
- "Top 100 Workplaces in Chicago" by the Chicago Tribune, 2014-2017
- EY Entrepreneur of The Year® Award, Co-founders Ross Freedman & Brad Schneider: 2015 Midwest Dual Finalists
- One of the "Most Promising Companies in America" by Forbes in 2014
WATCH THIS to learn more about Rightpoint and our culture:
The Tech/Dev Lead plays a key role in the day-to-day management and delivery of development activities assigned to client projects. This role is a technically proficient leader that has very strong team management, team mentoring, team development and overall client and team communication skills.
The Commerce Tech/Dev Lead will be responsible for:
- Responsible for working with the development team and coordinating day to day activities in ensuring project budget and timelines
- Coordination and collaboration with Solutions and Enterprise Architects to ensure alignment and scope validation
- VSTS, JIRA and Git Hub management for project team solutions, tasks and work breakdown schedules
- Coordination with Project Management for task breakdown and effort analysis
- Lead technical design sessions, architect and document technical solutions that are aligned with client business objectives.
- Manage the technical delivery of custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of a Commerce implementation.
- Provide hands-on code, expert-level technical assistance to developers.
- Lead and Manage project scrums to ensure quality in delivery and process.
- Conduct code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure that code quality is at the highest level possible and appropriate design patterns are being used.
It is important that the Commerce Tech/Dev Lead have a strong and diverse background in not only software development projects but can also bring to bear the requisite client-facing soft skills that foster positive communications and trust with clients.
- Ensure alignment between IT and business realms; strive for transparency and open communications across both groups.
- Work closely with the Enterprise and Solution Architects to analyze/document current and future state technical architecture and design models, detail technical requirements and architectural roadmaps, and conduct technical analysis of client current state technologies.
- The Tech/Dev Lead will be responsible for moving the projects through the development lifecycle and then working with the discipline leads to get testing plan and deployment methodologies defined and proven, as well as managing client reviews and securing client sign off on the projects code delivery.
- Will have responsibility for the quality and timely delivery of the technical solution.
- Consider both Technology and Organizational factors in your work including:
- Technical Factors: IT Operations, Technology Decisions
- Organizational Factors: Culture, Supportable, Business Drivers
- Exercise strong critical thinking skills; think quickly and "on your toes".
- Solve complex and unique problems; evaluate and bring polished analysis to the solution.
- Ensure team engagement and mentorship for junior resources for the duration of the delivery.
- Innovate and contribute to building Rightpoint Commerce assets such as accelerators and modules
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Computer Science (preferred) or related field
- Experience in implementing Commerce solutions in multiple technologies such as Sitecore, Episerver or custom solutions – have at least 2-5 implementations of transactional Commerce sites.
- 5+ years of web application and web site development in C# (Commerce sites, portals, mobile sites)
- Proven track record understanding client requirements and translating them into actionable development deliverables
- Experience developing complex Integration Solutions is considered a plus (middle-tier applications)
- Experience in working with junior resources to ensure knowledge transfer and expertise buildup.
- Experience working with geographically dispersed highly motivated and innovative teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills between both the customer and all levels within the organization are required
- 3 or more years of Commerce development responsibilities specifically in a lead or Senior Development role of managing and delivering application development projects.
- Willingness to travel periodically
We love what we do. And working together. We're united in our mission to make great work every day, and we believe in taking care of our own. That's why we offer a supportive environment with plenty of opportunities to work on interesting projects, grow your career and have fun while doing it.
Come be a part of the team today!
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- PTO + Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we need to mirror their dress code)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great Health Coverage
- Medical – 3 plans to choose from!
- Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending (Dependent & Healthcare)
- Transportation/Parking Pre-Tax Benefits
- 401k with Company Matching
- Rightpoint-provided snacks and soft drinks
- Regular social events including volunteering, lunch outings, XBox One, golf outings, Whirlyball, and daily table tennis matches
- Open Office Environment
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
This is a full time, salaried position. For more information, visit www.rightpoint.com. Rightpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Rightpoint is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows Rightpoint to verify the employment eligibility of our employees. Based on the information provided by you on your Form I-9, Rightpoint will input that information into E-Verify which will confirm your information in DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) databases. Your continued employment with Rightpoint is contingent upon an "Employment Authorized" result for you from the E-Verify system
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.