Computer Vision Platform Engineer at Stats Perform
!Sorry, this job was removed at 6:02 p.m. (CST) on Monday, October 28, 2019
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to all aspects of the sports vision platform and services under the team's ownership, which includes design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, and uptime of the services.
- Work closely with data scientist on deep learning and video processing-based AI models.
- Improve internal team processes by keeping what's working and throwing away what's not
- Collaborate on the vision of the services under the team's ownership
- Build technology the right way; for us, this means simple, well-tested services and tools that gradually grow over time, and that provide plenty of insight into production usage and performance
- Help other team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, and mentoring
- Create unit and acceptance tests, in collaboration with the Quality Assurance team
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years' experience designing and implementing computer vision related applications
- Familiar with open-source media tools such as ffmpeg, gstreamer, CUDA or vlc, with detailed understanding of how these can be used in high-volume media architectures
- Knowledge of media container formats (MP4, MKV), encoding schemes (AAC, AVC, HEVC, H.264, H.265), streaming protocols (http, HLS, DASH)
- Understand video encoding parameters and file formats based on product requirements
- Familiar with cloud-based technologies and media solutions from providers such as Amazon and Microsoft
- Good diagnostic, analytical, design and communication skills
- Ability to optimize smooth playback and streaming of video under varying network conditions
- Ability to craft simple and elegant solutions to complex problems
- Bachelor's or Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or related experience
STATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Read Full Job Description