What we do
Uptake harnesses the power of underutilized data to empower businesses to make informed decisions. We partner with industry leaders to build a predictive analytics software platform that grows smarter in one industry because of what we learn in another. The result is a powerful platform that identifies problems before they happen, ultimately saving money, time and lives.
What you’ll do
As a Data Engineer on the Data Science team, you’ll work with Uptake’s data scientists to design and build Uptake’s data infrastructure within Data Science. The tools you create will have lasting impact on model development and deployment, model performance reporting, and data monitoring. The ideal candidate is flexible and adaptive to the rapidly evolving needs of the team.
- Collaborate with data scientists, engineers, and product owners to define and manage new sources of data
- Work with data ingestion teams to develop data expertise and resolve upstream issues relating to data quality
- Design and implement data warehouses, real-time ETL, and batch processing of data to support modeling and reporting needs
- Define best practices and design for the management of data
- Partner with Data Scientists to build and maintain internal data processing and visualization tools
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology/information systems, or a field related to a computational science
- Ability to write efficient SQL queries
- Experience managing data ETL processes and making data available through service applications and databases.
- 1+ years experience with NoSQL databases (Cassandra or Elasticsearch preferred)
- 3+ years experience with programming languages (Python, Java, R, and/or Scala preferred)
- Familiarity with a variety of data processing technologies (e.g. Spark, Kafka, Hadoop)
- Excellent communication skills, including a knack for clear documentation
- Experience with or knowledge of REST APIs and making data available through microservices.
- Experience using version control (Git, Mercurial, SVN, etc.) for collaborative code development.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or other technical field
- Ability to architect data solutions
- Previous experience in machine learning and its applications
- Some knowledge of machine learning and data science processes
- Experience supporting data science and analytical efforts is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of machine learning
Why Work Here
We build and deliver, then explore to build more. Curiosity and flexibility enable everything we do, and we get stronger as we make each new industry smarter. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences to solve problems no one has yet to solve, at a speed no one has yet to experience. We support and challenge one another to bring out a new best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way.