Data engineers at VillageMD implement data pipelines to aggregate data from EHRs, claims data, smart devices, and more. This data provides vital insights that drive every aspect of our business. This isn’t your standard ETL role – we’ve built our technology by standing on the shoulders of tech giants allowing us to craft a flexible, scalable architecture that’s nimble enough to handle real-time messaging and data file transfers. We bring to bear proven, open-source technologies developed at Airbnb, Amazon, and Facebook. We participate in the open-source ecosystem and OHDSI.
What are examples of work that Data Engineers have done at VillageMD?
- Built and implemented a data profiling tool to reverse engineer data schemas from new data sources facilitating normalization of the data into our data model
- Built the logic to combine real-time messaging and batch query processing so there is a single, accurate source of truth from a source system
- Analyzed and designed the best ways to expand our data model to incorporate more data that’s mission critical
What will make you successful here?
- A real passion for problem solving and learning new technology
- Vision to balance speed and maintainability in solution design
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- The ability to handle multiple, concurrent projects
- Excellent ability to craft and implement requirements, keep projects on track, and engage partners
- Challenging the status quo to improve our processes and tools
- Communicate complex technical details in meaningful business context
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Own ten projects working multi-functionally with the Physician Success and Analytics teams to design and implement best-in-class data processing enabling clean data flow directly to our data model
- Work with an HIE, engineering, analytics, and operations to design and implement an integration that streamlines our transitional care management workflows
- Design a new concept within our data model to meet a new operational or analytical need
- Build a python app to send data anomalies to operations
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 2+ years of full-time experience
- Experience with Java or Python is helpful (C# and Ruby can work too)
- Excellent with SQL
- Preferred experience with clinical and financial healthcare data
- Track record of successfully executing projects with multiple partners
- BS/MS in computer science, math, engineering, or other related fields
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at VillageMD. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.