Development Manager I
Browse the Aisles
The Development Manager I is responsible to create resilient and scalable systems in a hybrid cloud environment. This person will collaborate closely with development teams and technical groups to design, plan, and implement solutions that help achieve global process and automation goals. Given strategic objectives, this role will independently deliver solutions that adhere to industry best practices and company standards. At the more senior level, this role will also be mentoring others as well as learning from them and turning this information into new actionable recommendations for continuous improvement.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Work with implementation teams to automate and ensure best practices on new infrastructure deployments
- Coordinate with architecture group to design, implement, maintain, and own cross-team tools and solutions
- Collaborate with development teams to implement adaptable CI/CD pipelines from existing workflows
- Develop technical tools and solutions that help build, deploy, and automate
- Contribute to infrastructure as code projects; review submissions from development and operations teams
- Deliver complete solutions and systems: consistent, optimized, resilient, documented, secure
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- 1-3 years of software development experience
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Masters Degree preferred
- Experience building infrastructure as code with configuration management suites, preferably salt stack
- Deep understanding of software development lifecycle concepts
- Experience developing on CD/CI automation platforms such as Jenkins
- Knowledgeable in programming concepts and languages such as Python or Java
- Experience scripting and automating with languages such as Bash
- Experience developing with version control systems (e.g. git)
- Experience working in a hybrid cloud environment.
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.