What’s the most impressive thing you’ve ever built? Are you proud of it? Are you ready to feel that feeling every day working at Cameo? Perfect, you’re exactly who we’re looking for.
Cameo creates moments that inspire (www.cameo.com). We’re the platform where you can get Vicki Gunvalson from the Real Housewives to wish your friend happy birthday or Dennis Rodman to congratulate your daughter on her high school basketball game.
We’re well-funded, we have an awesome team, a fun product & a great product-market fit. We have all the benefits you’d expect from a rocketship startup. We also have some of the benefits you may not expect: health insurance, 401(k), access to resources of a top tech incubator, and opportunities to hang out with the Talent on Cameo.
About the role:
You will be helping us improve & scale the platform that connects fans and talent to create the perfect video shoutout. In particular, you will help us make sure we can support our growing fan base securely and performantly.
As a DevOps engineer, you will be working across multiple technologies, primarily our backend API (node.js + express), database (mongoDB), and infrastructure (Heroku + Redis + AWS + Compose). If interested, you could also pitch in on our frontend too (React/Redux site, React-Native app)!
- You will collaborate with our sales and data teams to make the talent experience fun and engaging, and help us deliver that perfect Cameo.
- You’ll take part in the planning process for the growth of Cameo’s infrastructure
- Drive the design, continuously build and maintain the core infrastructure used by Cameo’s engineering teams
- Become well versed with Cameo’s tech stack allowing you to debug production issues at all levels of the stack
- You will help drive a DevOps mindset and culture across the engineering organization
A few things about yourself:
- You take pride in your work
- You have a strong product sense
- You are a doer who is comfortable with ambiguity
- 3+ years building + scaling web applications and infrastructure
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring and/or observability
Things we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- Experience with Heroku or AWS
- Experience with CI/CD
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (Mongo)
- Familiarity with Redis & Elasticsearch
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.