At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
The DevOps Engineer will handle application deployments of our Software-as-a Service (SaaS) cloud-based Payroll and HR products across multiple development, staging and production environments. The job responsibilities include developing,
executing deployment scripts/processes while troubleshooting application or environment issues and remediating them.
This position will act as a liaison between many teams, particularly with software
development and operations, to coordinate implementing new applications, upgrading existing applications or building out new automated processes to better support software development teams.
This role supports all aspects of the software development process including continuous integration platforms, source control, automated tests and release management.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- Enthusiastic about developing the best deployment processes and providing an incredible customer experience
- An advocate for the many teams we serve
- An advocate for best practices within continuous integration, release management, and improvement of our software delivery lifecycle
- A natural problem solver that can quickly troubleshoot remediate application or environment issues
- Able to work with both software development and operations
- Able to coordinate and implement new applications
- Able to balance long term projects with daily duties
How we work:
- Small, self-sufficient product-oriented teams with an entrepreneurial spirit organized into categories
- Dedicated Tech Operations experts committed to cutting-edge infrastructure and developer tools
- We don’t add more folks to our teams, we add additional teams to scale
- Casual, collaborative, agile environment which embraces and operates under our shared principles
- Complete transparency with open, honest discussions about our progress
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and product teams
What we offer:
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our product teams in the best
- position to succeed
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- A subscription to an Online Training Forum for all technology colleagues
- College degree or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of experience in Windows operating system/platforms hopefully in a virtualized environment
- Knowledge in one or more of the following technologies - ASP.NET/MVC/IIS/SQL Server/PowerShell
- Experienced in application deployment processes and various supporting tools
- Knowledge and or experience using and managing source control systems such as TFS or Git
- Knowledge and or experience administrating and use of continuous integration platforms such as TeamCity
- Ability to troubleshoot deployment and configuration issues and applying solutions
- Understanding of firewalls, load balancers, and networking concepts is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analyze current processes and procedures to seek improvements
- Evaluate emerging automation technologies and their potential applications
- Able to work on off hours and weekends as the need arise (such as Production release)
During the last three months, you would have:
- Automated manual, repetitive tasks through Powershell
- Implemented a solution in a preferred development language
- Administered or developed a deployment pipeline
- Identified current process improvements and proposed improvements
- Built effective cross-team relationships
- Acted in a service capacity solving technical issues
- Identified how to improve and worked toward that goal
- Glassdoor's Employees Choice Award in 2014 and 2017
- 9-time Winner on Chicago Area's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For
- Inc Magazine listed Paylocity as an Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Privately Held Firm from 2007-2013
- Ranked #13 on Built in Chicago Top 100 Digital Companies for 2016
- Ranked #24 on Forbes 2013 List of Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago
- Ranked #38 on Crain's Fast Fifty List of Chicago's Fastest Growing Companies in 2014
- Ranked #334 on Deloitte's 2014 Technology Fast 500 List of Fastest Growing Companies in North America
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Check out our many Awards here!!
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.
At Paylocity, “We” is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.