Arrive is the leading provider of solutions for the last-mile of mobility. Our technology helps companies like Ticketmaster, Honda, and GasBuddy embed friction-free parking and other mobility-related services into their own products. The Arrive platform also powers our two award-winning consumer apps, ParkWhiz and BestParking. Over 40M people to date have used our web, app, voice, and API-based solutions to find and book convenient, economical parking.
We’re looking to add a DevOps Engineer to continue building and supporting the high-scale, mission critical infrastructure needed to support our web, mobile and backend applications, as well as to build and refine the tooling that makes developing, testing, and deploying code fast, easy, and fun for the rest of the engineering team. If you're seeking a role that is high impact and full of ownership....please read on.
What will I do?
- Embed with the engineering teams to encourage best practices for continuous delivery, configuration management and to identify missing tools and automation. We ship daily.
- Own and expand our infrastructure as code using Terraform and Chef to maintain consistent infrastructure from sandbox to production.
- Improve and implement system and software monitoring, health checks, and logging
- Create redundancy and automatic failure recovery throughout the infrastructure
- Design and maintain secure infrastructure via network segmentation, WAFs, egress filtering and security best practices.
What we're looking for
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with AWS, Docker and common OSS stacks.
- Expert level familiarity with POSIX systems and highly proficient working in shell
- Understanding of capacity planning fast growing distributed systems, and ability to implement automatic scaling where possible
- Familiarity with common tools and technologies necessary for web application development
- Take ownership of the systems you work on
- Desire to use the best tools, work with the best people and create the best software
Who will I work with?
We are a very tight knit engineering team that is inclusive, fun and hard working. Our number one priority after producing a great product is keeping that spirit alive. We have a firm, non-negotiable no jerk policy. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Read Full Job Description