Drivin is seeking a DevOps Engineer for our Chicago office. The primary responsibility of the DevOps Engineer is to implement, maintain, and continuously improve the systems and process necessary to allow us to develop and deploy software faster and improve the performance and resiliency of our systems. This candidate will be responsible for implementing best practice cloud infrastructure to support our application, data engineering, and data science teams. This candidate should have 2-3 years experience working with AWS.
The Drivin tech stack consists of AWS services (ECS, s3, EMR, Elasticsearch, Redshift, Postgres RDS, SNS, SQS), Jenkins build pipelines, Terraform, Packer, and Docker.
- Background in system configuration and monitoring
- Strong experience with Linux and the command line
- Experience with bash and python is preferred
- Experience with Jenkins or similar build tool
- Experience working in an Agile environment preferred
- Experience with version control practices
- Strong experience with containerization (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes)
- Monitor and maintain the application infrastructure
- Write Terraform modules to deploy infrastructure as code
- Support the development teams by teaching best practices for application architecture given a specific infrastructure
- Optimizing/minimizing infrastructure costs