Digital Manufacturing Engineer
We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes, but for what it makes possible for the world. Manufacturers have an important job to do, and it’s our job to provide them with the technology and expertise they need through the entire production process, from discovery and design to manufacturing and fulfillment.
The Digital Manufacturing Engineer will work with cross functional teams from the product development and execution life cycle, design for manufacturing; production scale up; and order fulfillment. The DME will be responsible for supporting internal technical programs with the latest additive manufacturing techniques.
We understand imposter syndrome and the confidence gap are real; please apply if you’d be excited to grow into this role and make it your own.
About the Job:
- Stay up to date on latest additive manufacturing technologies including design software, manufacturing equipment, and materials
- Lead process improvement activity for additive manufacturing techniques
- Collaborate internally with sales and manufacturing to ensure project success
- Provide feedback on customer designs, including manufacturability and design for additive manufacturing
- Between 1-7 years experience
- Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering or related field from top-tier institution
- Prior 3D printing preferred (polymer – FDM, SLA, SLS or metal – DMLS, binder jetting)
- Basic CAD knowledge (Solidworks, Autodesk, etc.)
- Experience with Lean manufacturing environments
- Appreciation for building and working with materials hands on
- Detail oriented and interested in learning more about new manufacturing technologies
- Willingness to dive in for the entire process – from product concept to final part inspection and delivery
- Ability to work independently
- Thrives in a fast pace and adaptable environment
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Read Full Job Description