Director of Dev Ops at Sphera
Sphera is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability. Our mission is to create a safer, more sustainable and productive world.
We are a portfolio company of Genstar Capital, a leading middle-market private equity firm focused on investments in targeted segments of the software, industrial technology, financial services and healthcare industries. We operate like a start-up tech company but have over $100 million in annual revenue, with more than 3,000 customers, and operate in 70+ countries.
We are guided by our core values of Customer Centricity, Accountability, Bias to Action, Innovation, and Collaboration. These values help us recruit the right talent to join our rapidly expanding team of nearly 700 Spherions around the globe. It is important to us that each and every Spherion is not only eager to challenge themselves and knows how to get work done but is an awesome addition to our company culture.
As Director of DevOps, you will be a key leader in the advancement of our SpheraCloud SaaS platform. From setting strategy to building new pipelines and creating efficiencies through automation, you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact to the business on a daily basis.
- Hire, coach, retain, and inspire a team of highly skilled Azure DevOps resources.
- Partner with Product Management, Development, and other key stakeholders to prioritize DevOps efforts and become a trusted advisor for ongoing and future business initiatives.
- Drive a process of meaningful continuous improvement.
- Identify and pilot new technologies, prioritize and track opportunities for optimization, and create a culture of innovation and collaboration focused on the success of SpheraCloud.
- Work side by side with your engineers, guiding critical projects, using your subject matter expertise to solve complex problems, and facilitating an environment where your team knows you’re willing and able to step in and help when needed.
- Take ownership of operational excellence, establishing and maintaining business focused KPI’s. Use these metrics not only as a basis for positive transformation, but also as a visible representation of your team’s success.
- Experience managing and coaching fast paced DevOps teams.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Must be able to go deep with tech resources while also being effective in collaborating at a higher level with Product Management and other key stakeholders.
- Proven success managing and optimizing CI/CD for an Azure based SaaS application.
- Hands on experience with common DevOps tools, including Azure DevOps
- Strong scripting skills with at least one of following: PowerShell, Bash
- Experience with configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Terraform.
- Working knowledge of version control / source code management tools
- Experience working in an agile software development life cycle
- Strong knowledge of both Microsoft and Linux server environments
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong knowledge of IIS configuration and management
- Working knowledge of local and wide area networking and associated technologies, e.g. switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs
- Strong understanding of security principles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar area of study
Sphera is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.