Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Passionate about building great software products?
At Tempus, software products are owned and developed by small, autonomous teams composed of developers, designers, scientists, and product managers. You and your team set the goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment
Tempus builds software as nimble as our teams. Our modern tech stack - containerized applications running on GCP managed services - allows our teams to iterate rapidly and lead our industry in innovation. Emphasis on automation coupled with our decentralized, microservice architecture allows us to deliver advanced solutions with confidence at scale. We are looking for a Head of Infrastructure and Quality Engineering who has both technical experience and demonstrated progression in management responsibilities.
Why we’re looking for you:
- You take pride in fostering a culture of psychological safety and continuous learning.
- You are passionate about reducing toil by supporting teams to build flexible, extensible, and observable systems.
- You have led teams that have delivered multiple projects of increasing dependencies in ambiguous or high-impact areas and truly live the servant leadership philosophy.
- Engage with development teams and cross functional partners in Product, Security, IT to define and influence infrastructure cloud strategy and operations
- A high level of skill with managed services offered by various cloud providers - AWS and GCP strongly preferred
- Experience overseeing the design and implementation of an IaC codebase that builds an entire company's cloud resources (Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, etc).
- Experience overseeing the design and implementing a full release pipeline including unit tests, integration tests, end-to-end tests, and automatic rollback.
- Strong understanding of the full stack of abstractions provided by modern container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes, ECS, and Docker Swarm. We use Kubernetes.
- You have demonstrated experience in building and leading DevOps, SRE, Quality and Engineering Operations teams
Bonus points for:
- Experience with one of the many infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform (our favorite), Kubernetes, CloudFormation, Docker, Ansible, Salt, Packer, Puppet, Chef, or similar
- Familiarity with database design and tuning, especially with MySQL and Postgresql on GCP Cloud SQL
- Proficiency with Bash and a programming language (Python, Ruby, Golang, Rust, etc.)
- Previous experience in the healthcare sector and securing infrastructure to standards or compliance frameworks such as HIPAA, HITRUST, or ISO
Responsibilities for the Position:
- Drive roadmap creation and execution for all Infrastructure and Quality initiatives across the organization
- Build scalable, autonomous teams of SREs, Infrastructure and Automation Engineers to support key initiatives closely working with Product development teams
- Measure the impact of your teams and set clear expectations and goals aligned towards individual and organizational growth
- Work effectively with cross functional partners and stakeholders to set and achieve optimal outcomes
- Partner with product and engineering leadership to influence and drive org design and roadmap prioritization