Director of Engineering
Position: Director of Engineering, Payformance Solutions
Office: Chicago, IL
Why we’re excited to get to work:
The mission for Payformance Solutions is simple. We aim to be a catalyst for payment transformation in the healthcare industry. Our proprietary software solutions allow payers and providers to focus on what really matters: providing patients with access to care that yields the best health outcomes, at the lowest costs.
The healthcare industry is complex and fragmented. Payers and providers are faced with a lack of transparency and conflicting financial goals that fail to consider the health outcomes of patients. We help stakeholders plan, negotiate, operate and optimize value-based reimbursement programs by leveraging our industry-leading research and technology to develop alternative payment strategies. Our comprehensive, full-service approach ensures that your organization’s transition to value-based care accelerates smoothly with speed and flexibility while improving the quality of care.
What you’ll do:
- Great technology requires a “rockstar” engineering lead. Your number one responsibility is making great software that gets built on schedule, on budget, in a reliable, scalable way.
- You will be responsible for personnel management (up to 10 FTE). You will be the direct supervisor of the technical staff. Given our current stage, you should be someone who can code and wants to code on day one. You will do five to ten things with your team but take ownership over, and often be responsible for building the first version of the complex components. As we grow, you will be responsible for managing and leading the engineering managers, who serve as the direct supervisor of the technical staff.
- You own and are a diehard program manager for engineering execution. You are responsible for ensuring that the product vision is realized through excellence in execution. Our platform continues to evolve as the industry evolves around us. This requires constant communication and awareness of the inter-dependencies between cross-functional disciplines (e.g. engineering, marketing, product development, business development)
- You will join the technical leadership team. You will be responsible for codeveloping the technical strategy with the CTO, and for developing and maintaining a technical roadmap that will continue to innovate from a technical standpoint. Given our stage, you will serve as a systems architect and, as we grow, may assign another engineer to assume that role.
- You will join the senior staff, as we grow you will work closely with your peers in other teams (e.g. VP Marketing, VP Business Development, Chief Medical Officer) as well as the CEO, CTO, and COO to develop company strategy and product strategy.
- You will assume responsibility for managing the annual bottom-up budget for the engineering department. This will include headcount, consulting spend, prototyping costs, equipment cost, travel and entertainment, professional development, patent costs, and more.
- MOST OF ALL….You are passionate. You enjoy what you do and with whom you do it. We enjoy our culture and are extremely protective of it. You should be outgoing, fun, and intense.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Masters or PhD from an accredited college/ university in Computer Science or Engineering
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent quantitative skills and programming skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in teams
- Demonstrated ability to complete work on time
To all recruitment agencies: Payformance does not accept agency resumes, we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.