Forager is growing. Due to this growth, we’ve created a new role, Director of Engineering, to build and manage our development team and focus on the delivery of products. Reporting to our CTO, the Director will oversee the hiring, management, and mentorship of developers. You will be in charge of teams and ensuring the smooth execution of complex deliverables. The impact you make in the role will be felt throughout Forager.
What will you do?
- Report directly to the CTO, who provides long-term technology direction and oversees our product vision, technical architecture.
- Lead all programs in engineering process, reliability, productivity, and quality.
- Build and retain a high performing, motivated and diverse team. Yes, you’re in charge of hiring, performance and career development.
- Create an atmosphere of continual improvement through your mentorship, coaching, and technical guidance.
- Run an agile team. At our current size, you will be leading planning, stand-ups, retros. You will unblock teams and lead in creating an organization that balances technical debt and business goals.
- You might not be in the code daily, but you will learn our architecture and our code so that you can perform code reviews, debug, triage critical systems as needed.
- Work with the CTO and team to foster innovation. Support a culture that empowers us to think big.
- Set standards for cross-functional collaboration between engineering and other areas of the company.
- Anticipate challenges across the organization well before they occur, bring them to the CTO, and take preventative action.
- Grow in your career. As Forager grows and evolves, so will your role and responsibilities.
Who you are?
- You have deep experience in building, scaling, and managing high performing engineering teams.
- Your greatest technical strength is in debugging organizations and processes.
- You have experience managing teams in an Agile or Scrum environment.
- Able to jump in to help debug and triage critical systems.
- You have a record of being able to deliver high-quality features and functionality, on time.
- Able to partner with product and other teams to plan and negotiate iterative development cycles.
- Curious, honest, dedicated, and accountable.
- You are a great communicator, issue resolver. You know how to listen, give good news, and hard news.
- You have a keen sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize problems, analyze and resolve issues.
- You are a maker and driven by the thought of seeing what you’ve created making a difference in people’s lives.
- Driven, fast-paced. You love the speed and impact that comes from working in a start-up. You set ambitious goals for yourself and work to meet them.
- Your background and experience is in software development.
Who we are?
Forager is a logistics tech startup with one goal: simplify cross-border freight with a combination of purpose-built technology and decades of industry experience. We're building an automated, freight-matching marketplace that connects cross-border shippers (customers) with their optimal carrier (trucking companies) based on region, price, and service rating.